Thread: No Fixx on Kirtlands site & other "Beautiful Friction" publicity thoughts

No Fixx on Kirtlands site & other "Beautiful Friction" publicity thoughts

It would be nice if Kirtland Records site would add the band to their ARTISTS page list and also to their dropdown ARTISTS roster listbox on the main page. Is Kirtland in charge of promotion or is something other entity put in charge of that or is it just the band and its management? Any video for any of the songs in the works? Any pre-launch publicity in the works? July 17th coming up fast. I would use the thousands of users who have signed up for this site at one point or another and generate a bulk email publicizing the CD release date and encouraging fans to pre-order or buy the first week to try and put CD on the Billboard 200 which would generate some minor press. At this point you just want as many former fans as possible to realize the band is still out there touring and recording. Any national press blurb would help towards that end. It's not hard to break the top 200 album chart these days.... 5,000 would do it. If most sales could be realized in the first week then it could make an impact. Just a thought.

Great idea sending a one-time bulk mail to everyone here - that certainly can be done.

And I would be blunt in the bulk email... make the point that pre-ordering or first week sales are what we are looking for, to land the band back on the top 200 album chart which could result in some press.

Iíve been researching this topic for a few hours and found this post pretty helpful. Thanks for compiling the info in one spot.

I'm with ya...I'd so hop the train up to Vancouver, or pop down to Portland, OR, if that's the closest they get to Seattle.

They haven't played here in forever....I really miss seeing them

Kim, for real (not hubby posting as me)