Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "ANYONE ELSE" Video

Thumbs up "ANYONE ELSE" Video

We are getting set to release the "Anyone Else" video .
    Always reinventing itself, the band has opted for a compelling visual concept this time, rather than appearing in the typical band performance clip.
    The HD video, directed by Jon Todd Collins is a vivid, cutting edge piece which really carries the flag for the "Anyone Else" message.
    Keep an eye on www.thefixx.com as we prepare a sneak peek soon....
    Last edited by FIXX OFFICIAL; 07-01-2012 at 07:44 PM.

I hope we are still going to get to see this today! I can't wait!
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by musegirl View Post
    I hope we are still going to get to see this today! I can't wait!
    We've moved it a few days due to the holiday in the U.S. But you will see it very very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by FIXX OFFICIAL View Post
    We've moved it a few days due to the holiday in the U.S. But you will see it very very soon!
    awesome- now MOVE that SBZero video off the main page as it takes up the majority of the real estate on page 1..... lol that was from what a year ago ?

Where do we look for brand new info? on the the home page or the news page? its sometimes a mystery- just wonderin..... thx...

<>D3
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Any more news on when you'll be posting the new video?
    "Then someone showed me the root of all evil. When all the lights were out."

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Lad View Post
    Any more news on when you'll be posting the new video?

thats referred to as "soon" (soon means anywhere from 3 weeks to 10 years!) lol
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

"anyone else" video

We are excited to announce the release of the video for "Anyone Else" on Tuesday, July 17th (along with the "Beautiful Friction" cd).
    The HDvideo directed by Jon Collins , is a strikingly vivid, cutting edge piece which really conveys the "Anyone Else" message.
    The Huffington Post will premiere the video on its site www.huffingtonpost.com

You can also check out a sneak preview on The Fixx website.

Just saw the "Anyone Else" video on thefixx.com.

Very gripping, but I disapprove.
    It sends the wrong message about human values.

I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

I think the video sends a strong, yet positive message. There's a lot of anger there, but it's about a revolt for the future, that begins now, in the present for the basic rights of humanity. I think it's about opening your mind welcoming everyone's differences, opinions, life styles, choices. The violence in the video comes from those whom are closed/narrowed minded, the benevolent ones are those not using artillery stand up for their views/beliefs.
    Sadly, there seems to always be a need for some force as a form of pushing back the negative, because the negative wields a heavy stick.

Then again, I could be way off.

Run a mile, wave a flag, stand or fall!
    - The Apollo Effect
    Tatawayowayo

Quote Originally Posted by tatawayowayo View Post
    I think the video sends a strong, yet positive message. There's a lot of anger there, but it's about a revolt for the future, that begins now, in the present for the basic rights of humanity. Make a decision to use your words to encourage others, not to discourage them.
    Sadly, there seems to always be a need for some force as a form of pushing back the negative, because the negative wields a heavy stick.

Then again, I could be way off.

Run a mile, wave a flag, stand or fall!
    - The Apollo Effect
    I have to agree whole heartedly with Tatawayoway.....I think there is a very positive message in this video.. I also see the concept of "opening your mind, welcoming everyone's differences, opinions, life styles, choices".... Oddly enough,.."Make a decision to use your words to encourage others, not to discourage them." was the very quote I put on my FB yesterday ....and if you really think about this video...it is a message that the Fixx has always stood for.... You either stand for what you believe in ... or you fall with the rest of them.....right, wrong or indifferent....people are people...who are we to judge???? What is right for one person, may be wrong for another...but do we need hate and intolerance to make a point???....I have always believed that the power of love (and acceptance) is better than the love of power.....
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Not surprised.

Intolerance can be a virtue at times.

For instance, I have zero tolerance ("Saved By Zero"?) for child abuse. That is not to say I hate the abuser, but instead the abuse. Who will come forward and say we must accept the choice of the child molester? And not to bother them in their way of life? I'm listening.

Some have made a strained effort (not necessarily here) to point to ole ShoeMan as a hater. Those who are truly in the know probably reject that theory.

An abortion clinic in my area was bombed.
    Zero tolerance for that despicable action, yet I oppose abortion.

Someone else set fire to a gay congregation in my locality.
    Again: zero tolerance, though I oppose the life-style. But completely without hate.

Ever been to Vestavia Hills?
    C'mon over, we'll have cake and coffee and fellowship.
    But no hating. Guaranteed.

RE--Intolerance can be a virtue at times

"Intolerance can be a virtue at times."

Agreed, tolerating the intolerable should not be tolerated.

"For instance, I have zero tolerance ("Saved By Zero"?) for child abuse. That is not to say I hate the abuser, but instead the abuse. Who will come forward and say we must accept the choice of the child molester? And not to bother them in their way of life? I'm listening."

That is code for implying that the majority of child abusers are gay, when they are not.

"Some have made a strained effort (not necessarily here) to point to ole ShoeMan as a hater. Those who are truly in the know probably reject that theory."

I do not know you, and I do appreciate your right to have your own beliefs-- but that does not mean you are correct in those beliefs.

"An abortion clinic in my area was bombed.
    Zero tolerance for that despicable action, yet I oppose abortion."

Reproductive rights, including the right to have an abortion are legal--and a woman's right to access a clinic without having to be concerned about domestic terrorism ( which it IS) should not be a concern. Alabama, and other southern states are ground zero for the fight for a woman's right to choose. Btw, abortion can be made illegal again, but that will not stop it from happening. Women died from illegal abortions back in the day, and still do in other countries.

"Someone else set fire to a gay congregation in my locality.
    Again: zero tolerance, though I oppose the life-style. But completely without hate."

How can you claim it is "without hate??" when you are obviously adamantly opposed to persons who are gay? If Christians are supposedly so loving and forgiving, where is the love in anti-gay bigotry?

"Ever been to Vestavia Hills?
    C'mon over, we'll have cake and coffee and fellowship.
    But no hating. Guaranteed."

I will never set foot in Alabama, but you are invited to visit me in CA--we'll have a wine, cheese and fruit thing--with my family, and six cats. I've been happily married for many years, two young children, and I'm a speech pathologist with a very liberal ideology. We live in the heart of the wine country in CA. I truly hope that you'll reconsider the Fixx's new video.
    I think it's fantastic.
    --Linda

Well. I tried.

But this is mis-representation right and left.
    However---again---No Hate.

On the plus-side, the lyrics are nice and clean.
    Proof that I'll take a balanced view.

Linda, what's your shoe size?
    I may be able to help you....

Well produced video.

Pupmunchkin - From reading your post, sounds like you are the one that has a problem with intolerance. So much hate in so few sentences.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast