Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "ANYONE ELSE" Video

I just saw the video yesterday and have watched it a few times now--excellent! Tatawayoway and Jeanne, great interpretations of the message . . . very timely, yet echoes of many of the messages in Fixx songs. Ready for the rest of the album now!

RE Hate??

Quote Originally Posted by zibbazabba View Post
    Well produced video.

Pupmunchkin - From reading your post, sounds like you are the one that has a problem with intolerance. So much hate in so few sentences.
    Really?

The only hate on this thread is coming from you--unless you think that stating the facts that gay people are deserving of full equal rights is equal to hate.

And, I had the idea that people that liked the Fixx were somewhat progressive. How wrong I was.

Re-Shoeman

Quote Originally Posted by shoeman View Post
    Well. I tried.

But this is mis-representation right and left.
    However---again---No Hate.

On the plus-side, the lyrics are nice and clean.
    Proof that I'll take a balanced view.

Linda, what's your shoe size?
    I may be able to help you....

Re--Shoeman
    "But this is mis-representation right and left."

I don't see any "misrepresentation," in the video, but I do see it on this thread. The truth is something too many people are uncomfortable confronting. And, the truth is that being gay is not a "lifestyle," choice--it's simply being human. Kudos to the Fixx for creating the song and the video.

"Well I tried,"

Actually, that should be my response.

For example: "majority of child abusers are gay."
    That's not what I said. Or implied. Hence, mis-representation.

I would like to salute Tata, Jeanne and Zibba for their discretion. Well done.

Guys, I'm into the music. Video is icing on the proverbial cake.
    We were invited to make comments on the video. So I did.

Rock on....
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

Forget the lyrics. The song needs a lot of work.
    We'll know for the first time
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

whats not to like on the new song Izzo ? im sure you must not be having a good day..... dont worry the WHOLE cd comes out tomorrow! : )
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Interesting times indeed...

I really like the song and feel it has a positive message, but I am not a big fan of the violence depicted in the video. The visuals depict an anger that I did not visualize myself while enjoying the song prior to watching the video.

The Fixx have provided us with many lyrics to ponder and decide for ourselves what they mean to us. We may not necessarily capture the true meaning of a song, but in most cases, that is subjective anyway.

We all have different tastes, opinions and expectations. Two different views if you will...

...I can only be myself, I can't be, anyone else.

The video has an edge to it. Should get people talkin'!

I'm excited by this getting released on Huffington Post. A lot of people are going to be surprised to find out that the Fixx are still going strong. I've been waiting for a long time to see this band get some good publicity.

Mike

Pupmunchkin, I agree with your position on LGTB issues, but I have to say that you are being rather harsh towards shoeman, specifically you've been putting words in his mouth, such as your statement that he was implying that (most) child abusers are gay. He did not say that - you might go back and re-read his post. There are a couple other things there as well where it appears you misread what he wrote.

I suggest that instead of assuming what he might be implying, ask him if you are't sure.

As for truth: when it comes to these hot-button issues, it shouldn't be surprising that each "side" thinks it has a lock on the truth. Ask someone who is against abortion, and they'll say that it's the killing of an unborn child and that it's morally wrong; they are absolutely positive that they know that to be the truth. And the other side feels the same way. Same with homosexuality.

These are classic hot-button issues - people are dug in really deep on these and a few paragraphs of back and forth on a music forum won't do anything but get people pissed off at each other.

If you truly want to have a serious and thoughtful conversation about this, I suggest taking it to Sign Of Fire and CALMLY try and explain why you believe what you believe to each other. Even then, it's probably worth putting on your flame-retardant suits. ;-)

-jeff

It's not really a "hot-button issue" to me; it's just reality. I just saw the video for the first time and absolutely love it. Was delighted to see the positive gay message included. I'm a gay man and actually today is the 3rd wedding anniversary for me and my husband. We celebrated with a fantastic dinner out, and now i'm relaxing with some music. It does matter to me and others seeing support and images such as this by a band who did not have to weigh in, but they obviously felt compelled to. I respect and love The Fixx even more.

Cannot wait for the new album tomorrow !! Doing my best to promote it in my little corner of the world.

Hi all,
    Nick here, who produced the BF album. What happened to that last post from the man celebrating his 3rd anniversary with his husband? Did he delete it? It was well written! Anyway, I'm gay and thought the images depicted in the video were no different to what we receive daily from the Wesboro Church folks. The hate is very real, for those of us on the receiving end! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts on the new album. It was a long time in the making and I'm so happy to finally see it out. Enjoy!
    Peace,
    Nick. x

Quote Originally Posted by spaceroad View Post
    Hi all,
    Nick here, who produced the BF album. What happened to that last post from the man celebrating his 3rd anniversary with his husband? Did he delete it? It was well written! Anyway, I'm gay and thought the images depicted in the video were no different to what we receive daily from the Wesboro Church folks. The hate is very real, for those of us on the receiving end! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts on the new album. It was a long time in the making and I'm so happy to finally see it out. Enjoy!
    Peace,
    Nick. x
    No, I didn't delete it or alter it.

Evidently, however, the moderator did. It's unacceptable - I am done with this forum.

BTW, here is what I posted, that was somehow altered above.

It's not really a "hot-button issue" to me; it's just reality. I just saw the video for the first time and absolutely love it. Was delighted to see the positive gay message included. I'm a gay man and actually today is the 3rd wedding anniversary for me and my husband. We celebrated with a fantastic dinner out, and now i'm relaxing with some music. It does matter to me and others seeing support and images such as this by a band who did not have to weigh in, but they obviously felt compelled to. I respect and love The Fixx even more.

Cannot wait for the new album tomorrow !! Doing my best to promote it in my little corner of the world.

NICK! fanfuggintastic!!!!! after all the whining crying and torture waiting for this release (10 years?) it was worth the wait-

So glad this is in the running to be their masterpiece-

and its not even a day old!

hopefully it wont take 10 yrs for the next one- strike while the iron is RED HOT!

bravo!!!!

<>dm3
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Single v Album difference

Quote Originally Posted by spaceroad View Post
    Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts on the new album. It was a long time in the making and I'm so happy to finally see it out. Enjoy!
    Peace,
    Nick. x
    Nick, Great job on the album. It's absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Upon first listen, I'm floored by the ear candy in the title track.

Just curious...why are the keyboards on Anyone Else lower in the mix for the single version?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast