Thread: Fixxture Friction Chat - Tonight, 7/17 @ 9pm EST

Fixxture Friction Chat - Tonight, 7/17 @ 9pm EST

Hey Gang,

I thought it would be fun to host a chat room tonight on Chatzy to celebrate and discuss the new album. It will begin at 9pm EST (to accommodate both coasts as best I can). There will even be a special guest -- producer Nick Jackson, who can fill us in on some of the technical bits, etc.

Here are the access details: http://www.chatzy.com/24847163026798 The password is: friction

Hope to see you there. Please send me a private message if you have any questions...

Warmest ,
    Lisa aka Musegirl - Hostt of the chat
    Lisa

Just wanted to say thank you, Lisa, for hosting the chat last night. It was cool getting to talk with the Fixxtures and Nick, and great to get some insight on the making of the album.

Jim

Sincere thanks to everyone who turned up last night for the chat (you small, but mighty band of intrepid Fixxtures). It certainly was fun to get impressions of the new record from everyone, including Nick, who also provided some cool background information on the tracks.

It would be fun to do another chat in future, perhaps on a weekend if that would encourage broader participation. Perhaps we could even pull in some more special guests. Thoughts??
    Lisa

Cool

Thanks, Lisa, for hosting the chat -- it was fun and informative!

I'm not always able to check in on the forum, but managed to because of the album release; had I not seen the post about the chat, I wouldn't have joined in...

That being said, maybe there's a way to mass-email those who opt-in when scheduled chats are being planned? You'd likely have a much larger turn-out that way!

Phil.
    "Out there, there must be aliens
    Who donít believe in aliens
    Somewhere. Believe"
    -Cy Curnin, "We Might Find It" (The Returning Sun)

I missed it as well, but would love to join in a future one. Maybe in a week or so after more people have had a chance to buy the album? Great idea and thanks for putting it together!

is there a way to log on and still view the discussion? I tried with no luck.... Or can someone access it and c/p it into this forum

thanks up front!

<>D3
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

I popped in for a millisecond but hadn't listened to it yet. Would be up for another if there were one. Been listening now and feeling very chatty about it.