View Poll Results: Would you like to play a video game by theFIXX ?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes i would love to play a video game that theFIXX made

5 71.43%
  • no

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: theFIXX video game ?

Cool theFIXX video game ?

Hi, i am a game developer and have published 5 full games already. You can play them for free here and my website is: http://unity3d.ca.. So, my idea or offer is to make a video game featuring theFIXX and make it available to the public. That is only if im allowed to with theFIXX's permission and it is to their liking. I have no clue on what the video game would be about or the details about it yet. But this idea might be a good idea to promote theFIXX ? David Bowie was featured in a video game called OMIKRON link here and there are many other bands whom have been featured in a video game.Another video game featuring bands is Twisted Metal link hereI don't know if i am worthy enough to make a video game for theFIXX , but i am sure as hell willing to try it for free if they give the okay. What do you all think of this idea ?

edit*** incase you might want to know how long it takes me to make one of the 5 games i published... it took an average of 2 months per game with a basic idea of what i wanted the game to be b4 i started making it ...also i was the only one making the games... so if i was to make a game for this halloween, now would be the ideal time to start so that it would be ready on halloween and even a month early

edit#2 ** i can also make this video game a PC standalone game meaning you would not have to play it online through the webbrowser ..actually i have found that a PC standalone game is the best solution since the quality becomes superb and has no size limits.. so the full game could be like 5gb and a download link for it could be made for all to download it and play it ! but i can also do both webbrowser or pc standalone but the webbrowser game would have to be limited in size
    Last edited by tookarisk; 07-28-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Already done. Didn't sell too well. Adam couldn't find his drumsticks in the Lost Cave of the Damned.

Name:  Atari Fixx.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  155.9 KB

Wink

good joke.. you can make any label like that here: http://www.rediscoverthe80s.com/2011...600-humor.html

....and i used to own an atari 2600 and there never was a game like that ...at least not in stores to buy cos i had all the latest atari 2600 games bak then

but anyways i guess this video game idea is just something that will never happen by the looks of things... the band has not contacted me or answered my one or two messages so thats the end of the idea im guessing... boohoo sob sob ...thats the world for ya

it is just like people want to play Jet Set Radio Future 2 (the next Jet Set Radio Future game that does not exist yet)it is also just like something you can never have because the ones that have the power to say so do not give a damn like SEGA does not care about so many people want that game to play already but noone can have it because noone else can make it. You just can't have some things in life and that is that.I just thought theFIXX would be different than all the rest about this, but i was wrong. So what, its just like their song called beautiful friction :" ive been pushed aside and only to realize beautiful friction "
    since i cant delete this thread i guess i'll add a pole to it then
    i wanted to delete this thread because it is a dead end(no replies from band)
    pole added
    Last edited by tookarisk; 07-29-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: cant deletethread

Quote Originally Posted by tookarisk View Post
    good joke.. you can make any label like that here: http://www.rediscoverthe80s.com/2011...600-humor.html

....and i used to own an atari 2600 and there never was a game like that ...at least not in stores to buy cos i had all the latest atari 2600 games bak then

but anyways i guess this video game idea is just something that will never happen by the looks of things... the band has not contacted me or answered my one or two messages so thats the end of the idea im guessing... boohoo sob sob ...thats the world for ya

it is just like people want to play Jet Set Radio Future 2 (the next Jet Set Radio Future game that does not exist yet)it is also just like something you can never have because the ones that have the power to say so do not give a damn like SEGA does not care about so many people want that game to play already but noone can have it because noone else can make it. You just can't have some things in life and that is that.I just thought theFIXX would be different than all the rest about this, but i was wrong. So what, its just like their song called beautiful friction :" ive been pushed aside and only to realize beautiful friction "
    since i cant delete this thread i guess i'll add a pole to it then
    i wanted to delete this thread because it is a dead end(no replies from band)
    pole added
    We responded to your PM. Check your mailbox.

Do it!

It would be a cool tribute. Interesting media for it too. The only game I can think of right off the bat that starred a musician was Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, I don't know how many have really gone before you. I would use your talents to start out with something free like a Flash based game, like these. You should have them driving around a knock-off of the Mystery Machine...heh heh.

(P.S., tenohtwo, that was awesome, you should post that to The Fixx's Facebook.)

That would be very cool!Perhaps make levels based on songs or album covers.Imagine a level with the Calm Animals spynx in the background!
    May sound goofy but it would be neat to have a level based on the song Red Skies and have the boys take out nukes Missile Command style

You could incorporate their tour bus... Driving from town to town, part driving simulation... Playing venues, with "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band" style game play... And add in some elements of the boys' real life (not REALLY real -- I mean like a 'Farmville'-type of subgame for Cy's Bed & Breakfast, etc...

Phil.
    "Out there, there must be aliens
    Who donít believe in aliens
    Somewhere. Believe"
    -Cy Curnin, "We Might Find It" (The Returning Sun)

Question

Just so you know : I got a PM from FIXX OFFICIAL which said i should contact the band directly through their website which i did after this PM. And... again it is all up to the band now. It is all out of my hands.They still have not replied to me yet about it. They got me with my hands tied behind my back on this one. It still is a cool dream to dream of.Like what would i or someone else put into the game. I would have made it the way theFIXX would want it. I had ideas like a story of some sort with one of their songs playing at the right time for each event ingame. Like ingame they are all partying/dancing now and the song "Wasted" is playing in the background while we see them characters that look a bit like them dancing and swaying wasted like. Then in another part of the game they would be driving to their next gig like they're touring and one of their driving songs is playing like their song " Something Ahead Of You ". Anyways, i think you get my little bit of an idea of a game there. If they did make the game, maybe they would base it off of what we all wanted and made votes on what should be ingame. idunno , just an idea. Its all good to dream of. Like their song "Saved By Zero">> "Maybe some day" they will make a video game. Who knows. I don't think they will since they never have. This is just an avid gamers dream idea. But then again, theFIXX has surprised us with a new awesome album ! So, maybe they will surprise us with a ............... lol

or maybe they will surprise us with an animated movie like the beatles did with their yellow submarine cartoon movie or like the heavy metal cartoon movie or like RUSH's cartoon movie. That would be totally awesome or some blu ray movie with some of their gigs on it and music vids,etc...
    Last edited by tookarisk; 08-01-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Exclamation

Wow ! this is getting interesting.... the band has finally contacted me about this ! talks are still going about this and i shall post hear on what becomes of it when i get more infos about it !

I just got some more update info on this. The video game idea is now put on hold because they are all too busy. They have a record launch soon and touring to do. I will post updates here in this thread when I get them.

other news : I now have a Microsoft XNA Creator's Club membership so that I can make and publish xbox 360 indie video games as well !
    Last edited by tookarisk; 08-03-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Cool Great!

Quote Originally Posted by tenohtwo View Post
    Already done. Didn't sell too well. Adam couldn't find his drumsticks in the Lost Cave of the Damned.

Name:  Atari Fixx.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  155.9 KB
    Love It! I'd buy it! Would have to get Atari though, but that's OK!

"your amour is love"
    Michael

forget it

still no word about this and.... thefixx is releasing U.S. fixx dates on Monday about dates for end of 2012/beginning of 2013 ...they have no interest in this... " so forget it "

to forum moderator: you might as well erase this thread

quit whining kid, is this about the band?, or about your portfolio?

if you pitched an epic song like 'Something Ahead Of You' as background music for the 'bus trip to the next gig' sequence in your game then that just shows lack of understanding anyway

IMO the bands music, especially the new record, has too much meaning, and the messages are too important, to be reduced to a video game, you might have better luck pitching this to Green Day or Kiss
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

@ Octopulse who is whining ? It sounds like you are.

And sorry kid, I just wanted everyone here to know that the fixx don't care about this idea so don't expect a video game from them.

This idea was not to make my "portfolio" better. This idea was just a dream I had that did not happen.

Boohoo, I could not care less if they made a video game or not because they are still one of the greatest bands of all time and nothing can change that !

I just offered them something and they did not want it. Simple as that.

The Fixx was and will be one of my favorite bands of all time and nothing can change that.

A video game that features them or is about them would be awesome to play though !

So, there you have it, the news on this.
    Cheers all ! And have a great holiday whenever it is !

Just in case if you wanted to know: I can myself make a " tribute video game " where I can get licenses for The Fixx songs to use in the video game that I would make. The biggest problem is money. It costs tons of money for those licenses and therefore I can not make such a video game.

If I was to get these licenses for their songs, I would also try to get permission from The Fixx on what I can put into that game. Example being : using them as characters ingame,etc.. etc.. So, this idea can still happen if I had the licenses and permissions !

In order for this " Fixx game " to happen is all up to them really.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast