Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Chicago & Midwest Fixx fans

Quote Originally Posted by JEANNIE29 View Post
    I was there too. That MS experience will go down in history as strangest Fixx show EVER! Didn't we see each other in Indy when they opened for Todd Rundgren too? I'm trying to make STL, Milwaukee, and Skokie,IL. Still hoping for Indy again - I love Indy! Hope to meet up again sometime.
    We sure did. Indy would be awesome. The acoustics for that Fixx/Rundgren show were the best ever in my 35 years attending hundreds of concerts.

I'll never forget the folks square dancing to Saved by Zero and One Thing during those two nights in Vicksburg.

Tomorrow is show time. I'm ready, got the UV, Case of Beer & homemade "brownies". Anyone wants to join for a drink at the Skank, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

The Hankster aka Izzo
    We'll know for the first time
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

A little more than twenty four hours until the boys return to Brew City. Beautiful weather here tomorrow for those traveling to my fine city, 87 and sunny. Please reply if you're looking to start the party early.

I've aready started with a half gallon of UV Vodka
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

Hangster, tried sending a PM to you about tomorrow. Not sure what happened to it though. When are you getting to Milwaukee? Let us know if you want to meet early. I don't believe Shank opens their doors until an hour before showtime. If you are taking Amtrak to get here, my wife and I can pick you up at the station, if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by GumbynJodz View Post
    Hangster, tried sending a PM to you about tomorrow. Not sure what happened to it though. When are you getting to Milwaukee? Let us know if you want to meet early. I don't believe Shank opens their doors until an hour before showtime. If you are taking Amtrak to get here, my wife and I can pick you up at the station, if needed.
    I got it DM & responded
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

To find the Hankster aka Izzo , I will be the only one wearing puka shells and my Fixx 2001 t-shirt or maybe the new t but will be rocking the puka shells. lol
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

George and I will be in attendance tonight at Skank Hole...er Shank Hall. Driving up from Springfield,Il and didn't get home from last nights show until 2 am after working at 7 am. I'm gonna need a couple of drinks to perk me up when I get there. I'm gonna pm my cell # to the Hankster so if you all meet up somewhere before the show give me a call and we'll join you! Hopefully, we'll be there in time for a few before the show - it's a 5 hr. drive and we're leaving at 11:30. See ya there!!! Last night rocked and the new stuff killed the audience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeannie

Shank Hall - Milwaukee

Wow! I am blown away. Tonight's show was even better than the show I saw two weeks in Rochester, MN (and that was a great show). I have seen The Fixx more than 20 times, and this was the best show I have been to. Set was 19 songs, 97 minutes of high energy. The crowd was definitely into the show, and I got to be front and center. Cy shook my hand during 'How Much Is Enough' - Someone put your hand in mine -

The sound was great, the band was having fun as well. I think they are really enjoying this tour. Cy said he was happy to be off the bus. I don't blame him! Looks like I may need to go to Skokie to see them on Saturday too :-) Cy sang a bit of 'Better Be Good To Me' by Tina Turner again during Secret Separation. If you don't have Beautiful Friction, you need to get it! Just a great album, and the songs sound great live. I was thrilled I got to hear Shaman - it was worth the wait.

Deeper And Deeper
    Anyone Else
    Just Before Dawn
    Take A Risk
    How Much Is Enough?
    Driven Out
    Beautiful Friction
    What God?
    Outside
    One Fixx Concert Leads To Another
    Less Cities, More Moving People
    The Fool
    Stand Or Fall
    Fatal Shore
    Saved By Zero

Shaman
    Red Skies
    Are We Ourselves?
    Secret Separation

[QUOTE=Dave Romfoe;77976]Wow! I am blown away. Tonight's show was even better than the show I saw two weeks in Rochester, MN (and that was a great show). I have seen The Fixx more than 20 times, and this was the best show I have been to. Set was 19 songs, 97 minutes of high energy. The crowd was definitely into the show, and I got to be front and center. Cy shook my hand during 'How Much Is Enough' - Someone put your hand in mine -

The sound was great, the band was having fun as well. I think they are really enjoying this tour. Cy said he was happy to be off the bus. I don't blame him! Looks like I may need to go to Skokie to see them on Saturday too :-) Cy sang a bit of 'Better Be Good To Me' by Tina Turner again during Secret Separation. If you don't have Beautiful Friction, you need to get it! Just a great album, and the songs sound great live. I was thrilled I got to hear Shaman - it was worth the wait.

Deeper And Deeper
    Anyone Else
    Just Before Dawn
    Take A Risk
    How Much Is Enough?
    Driven Out
    Beautiful Friction
    What God?
    Outside
    One Fixx Concert Leads To Another
    Less Cities, More Moving People
    The Fool
    Stand Or Fall
    Fatal Shore
    Saved By Zero

Shaman
    Red Skies
    Are We Ourselves?
    Secret Separation[/QUO

That was you giving the hand?? Awesome!! My wife was two to the left (maybe three). Nice review. Will be in Skokie as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Romfoe View Post
    Cy shook my hand during 'How Much Is Enough' - Someone put your hand in mine -
    Are We Ourselves?
    Wow, we really should have introduced ourselves. I think I was standing on your right. I was wearing a black T with a silver sequin heart on the front. I was right in front of Jamie when he stepped up for his solos. And, yes, Gumby's wife Jody was next on my right. Just when you think the guys can't get any better they go and pull off a show like that. I had to crack up at Cy's comment that was something like if we were any closer he'd have to pick us out of his belly button like lint. One of these days we need to have someone organize a forum folks pic. I was gonna try but got distracted and, when I got back, everyone had scattered.

It was great finally getting to meet the Hankster though and I enjoyed hanging out with the rest of you all too. Hoping to see most of you in Skokie!

Later,
    Jeannie

Name:  IMG_1091.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  199.5 KB
    Somewhat fuzzy cameraphone photo from about 6 people deep.

I took better pics with my Elph (which is at home right now), may post a few later.

I'll be in Skokie, too. Maybe I'll see some of you there.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Awesome show last nite. I met a lot of the Midwest fixtures & kept my word & bought them a beer on the Hankster. Cy and the band sounded great. Cy was hitting the Wine Hard last night
    Getting ready to see The Fixx live taping. First time in my life that I am seeing the fixx without being under the influence.

The Hanster aka Izzo

Ps. I'm posting this from the apple store as I wait to be picked up for the taping .
    Dan B & his wife are in the house a long with Hazelnut
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

last night....what can i say, but SMOKIN'

any newbies or anyone dropping in.
    go buy the new cd which i can stop playin' & see them live!!!
    Great time last night,thanks to all for getting them to milwaukee....more...........
    gee-bee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast