Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chick-Fil-A

Chick-Fil-A

Hey. I'm still doing business with Amazon.com.
    Even though they now favor SSM.

No harm. No foul.
    No need. To howl.

Yeh, went to CFA last week. Had some yummy chicken-strips with mustard, catsup and Concord grape jelly. Those lovely people serve anybody who walks in the door. And do so with gladness. Nice spot to hang out.

I'm thankful that all those on either side spoke up.
    And let their views be heard.

Boycott?
    Sounds like a place to sleep.
    Like an army barracks, ya know....

I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

Hi shoeman,

The problem I have with CFA is that they actively fund hate groups. So for me, it's not about the CEO's personal opinion... it's that if I spend money there, some of it then goes to these organizations. Boycott is exactly the right action here: I don't want my money going to someone who spends it on anti-gay rights. I'll chose to spend it elsewhere.

You might want to read this: http://www.owldolatrous.com/?p=288

A quote:

"Two organizations that work very hard to maintain [opposite sex marriave] and roll back any protections that [gays] may have are the Family Research Council and the Marriage & Family Foundation. For example, the Family Research council leadership has officially stated that same-gender-loving behavior should be criminalized in this country. They draw their pay, in part, from the donations of companies like Chick-Fil-A. Both groups have also done “missionary” work abroad that served to strengthen and promote criminalization of same-sex relations. Chick-Fil-A has given roughly $5M to these organizations to support their work"

Yes Mr. Dinkins, that's a quite good read.
    Unfortunate title to that article, however....

I believe:
    1. It's wrong to put one to death for this.

2. The US Constitution and its benefits apply to all.
    Yet: The 14th Amendment has been mis-interpreted on this matter.

3. All employees should be treated fairly in the workplace.
    Regardless of orientation.

Also:
    Jesus did have something to say re Sexual Behavior.
    One example: The Woman At The Well.
    People can scream all they want to. It's there.
    Some don't care for The Bible. I know that.
    The blogger brought it up. So I'm replying.

Now if you'll excuse ole ShoeMan:
    "There's Something Ahead [For] Me."

May all your feet tread happily upon Planet Earth.

I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

From Addicting Info:

Name:  chick.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  106.6 KB

Pup - Love it!

Name:  image00999.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  58.2 KB
    Hey now!

Name:  image0272727.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  49.2 KB
    Well imagine that!

Actually, I'll assert that both your meme pics are false:

We should hold all our presidents to high standards. And... imagine this... I can *at the same time* not want to give money to a business that supports hate groups.

Wow! I can hold two thoughts at once! :-). Your first picture is just trying to change the subject.

Same with the Buckley quote: I'm perfectly ok with people holding different viewpoints, and I'm very rarely shocked. Nonetheless it doesn't mean I have to agree with viewpoints I disagree with. Nor does it mean I can't speak out against them.

So to summarize: your memes fail.

Man, those hate-filled hatewiches are mighty tasty.

When you demonize someone's beliefs because they aren't your own - it is dangerous.

In this case, someone saying they are against gay marriage - which by the way has been the vast majority of people in recorded history - does not make that person part of a "Hate group"

The demonization has been pretty hurtful.

Today, a nut with a gun inside a Chick Fil A bag attacked the Family Research Council in colorado and shot a security guard. Luckily he was stopped before he achieved his goal of mass murder. I'm sure he felt justified in attacking a "hate group" in his mind. But he was actually just attacking some Christians who disagree with him.

Nuts like that get encouraged by over heated rheotoric.

If you are for gay marriage - cool. Win elections and get that passed. But for heaven's sake don't demonize people who disagree with you.

In this case, someone saying they are against gay marriage - which by the way has been the vast majority of people in recorded history
    The vast majority of the people in recorded history believed slavery was a-ok too. Doesn't make it right. I'd not use the past majority's opinion as your yardstick.

does not make that person part of a "Hate group"
    Please re-read what I wrote a bit more carefully . I didn't say those holding a different opinion makes someone part of a "hate group". But there *are* groups out there that are funded to explicitly deny the rights of gays. Some of them even want to make homosexuality illegal (!).

What I said before, and I quote myself: "The problem I have with CFA is that they actively fund hate groups. So for me, it's not about the CEO's personal opinion... it's that if I spend money there, some of it then goes to these organizations."

(Correction: it was the COO, not CEO)

Now, you may not think that organizations who actively try to deny equal rights to gays are not a hate groups. That's your opinion, I'm fine with that. But I disagree with you. BTW, I would have also disagreed with all those groups in the south who denied equal rights to blacks in the 60s. I'm sure they all felt justified in their opinions back then as well.

But for heaven's sake don't demonize people who disagree with you.
    I find it amusing that you put it this way. Because that's exactly what many anti-gay groups do. I don't suppose you noticed the bruhaha over the preacher who wanted to gather up all gays in a concentration camp so they couldn't reproduce and would "die out". Yeah, there's a nice sentiment.

Edit: link to the above

I'm afraid your "majority was in favor of slavery" is a standard logical fallacy. If, then - ipso facto - poor logic. Apparently all the world was a giant hate group and will remain a giant hate group until gay marriage is legal everywhere. There are no alternative opinions allowed. Orwellian.

Literally - the definition of marriage has been the same throughout human history - and suddenly in the 21st century we are re-defining it? And anyone against that definition is a "hater?" You sound like a totalitarian - sorry.

And in case you missed it - the Family Research Council was attacked today by a crazed gunman who was a volunteer at a LGBT community center. The organization this lunatic targeted was the Family Research Council - which is the very same group labeled as a "hate group" because they are pro-life and against gay marriages.

That is the very same "Hate Group" that the Chick Fil A owner and CEO donates his money to. And whether you know it or not - that is the very same group you referred to when you said Chick Fil A supports "hate groups"

The FRC is not a hate group. They just have different opinions than you do on gay marriage. But they have been dehumanized because they have a different opinion.

That's how lunatics feel empowered to put a gun in a Chick Fil A bag (isn't he a funny murderer to do that? So clever!) and go out looking to commit murder.

Agreed Jeff! Thanks for the support. I know all those young LGBT people living in America really appreciate it. It's sad state of affairs, when people think their opinion on other peoples relationships actually matter. Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by cjelephant View Post
    Apparently all the world was a giant hate group and will remain a giant hate group until gay marriage is legal everywhere.
    There are no alternative opinions allowed. Orwellian.
    I will say it again: You can have your opinion. I can have my opinion. No problems there. It doesn't mean I can't disagree with someone's opinion though.

So tell me, why are you so hung up on this "no other opinions allowed" thing? It is not what I've said. I've said so multiple times. Yet you continue... as if you aren't even reading what I have posted. -perplexed-. You know, and honestly... who cares? This debate should be about something more important than holding an opinion and tolerance of opinions. It's about GAY RIGHTS. People who want to marry, have kids, be recognized legally (for many, many reasons) as a family, to adopt children, etc etc.

Yet it seems the Chic-Fil-A crowd is all bent out of shape that we're tromping on their right to hold an opinion.

Yawn.

And anyone against that definition is a "hater?" .
    See above. You are putting words in my mouth. Again. Please stop it. It's becoming irritating.

Literally - the definition of marriage has been the same throughout human history - and suddenly in the 21st century we are re-defining it?
    This is literally not true. I suggest you go read up on your history of same-sex marriage. Hint: it's not restricted to Christianity.

There have been records of same sex marriaged throught recorded history. Not a lot of them, but then again... there aren't a lot of ancient records on anything.

OK, Regardless of the "historical" definition and "all of a sudden" changing its definition: would you have said the same about women's right to vote? "Suddenly we're re-defining it?". Or slavery? "Suddenly we're trying to eliminate it"? Or civil rights?

Sometimes change is uncomfortable. But these civil rights are more important than those who get the willies over gay marriage, gays adopting, or even the idea of homosexuality altogether.

If you haven't noticed, gay bashing, homophobia, kids being bullied when they come out: these are real problems. Talk about hate! I think we're long past due to stop hating gays and support equal rights.

And in case you missed it - the Family Research Council was attacked today by a crazed gunman who was a volunteer at a LGBT community center.
    Very, very sad.

The FRC is not a hate group. They just have different opinions than you do on gay marriage. But they have been dehumanized because they have a different opinion.
    I'm not against their opinion. I'm against their political activism to repress gay rights.

That's how lunatics feel empowered to put a gun in a Chick Fil A bag (isn't he a funny murderer to do that? So clever!) and go out looking to commit murder.
    That's a huge leap of logic. You've attached someone (me!) saying "hate group" to this shooting. We do not know what knowledge this fellow had about the FRC. For all we know, he may only have read what THEY state in public:

FRC:

"Pray Against Same-Sex Parents Adopting Children"

"One of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the ‘prophets’ of a new sexual order."

"While activists like to claim that pedophilia is a completely distinct orientation from homosexuality, evidence shows a disproportionate overlap between the two. … It is a homosexual problem."

The FRC actively campaign against same-sex marriage.

The FRC actively campaign against gays adopting children.

On the AFA (the other group CFA donates to) I found this gem:

"Bryan Fischer, the AFA’s Director of Issue Analysis for Government and Public Policy, hosts a radio program called Focal Point on which he has stated that Barak Obama is a fascist who harbors a “hatred for the white man.” He has also stated, “Homosexuality gave us Adolph Hitler, and homosexuals in the military gave us the Brown Shirts, the Nazi war machine and six million dead Jews," and that Native Americans should have followed Pocahontas' lead, because she had accepted "the superior culture" of the new arrivals to the New World."

The above shows their hatred of gays, and they spend their money lobbying to fight against gay rights. And it really bugs me, and I am NOT willingly going to give money to anyone who funds them.

This is MORE than about tolerating opinions. This is the active attempt at repressing gays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast