Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Fixx cd's have you purchased lately?

Cool What Fixx cd's have you purchased lately?

I was just sitting here today listening to several different Fixx cds,currently not a Fixx cd but has Cy and Jamie on it the Better Off Dead Soundtrack and thought I'd list what Fixx purchases I've
    made recently:

Beautiful Friction (best purchase of the year)
    Anyone Else DJ cd single
    Solar Minimum (not a Fixx but a Cy solo project)
    Calm Animals on the Rainman label extra track (Never Mind What You Leave Behind)
    When Pigs Fly(various artist doing covers of other artist- the Fixx "These Boots Are Made for Walkin') Don Ho covering Peter Gabriel's
    Shock the Monkey is hilarious
    1011 Woodland on dualdisc (dvd audio on one side, cd on the other)

On order (but haven't received yet):

Another Lost Decade 80's-Hard to Find Hits (Deeper and Deeper short version)
    Stand or Fall ( European version of the King Biscuit Flower Hour Concert on the Disky label)

As you can see I've been busy! How about you, what have you bought? And does anybody know where I can get Ink on Japanese import cd?

"your amour is love"
    Michael

Good stuff. I think that the longer-standing members still active here probably have a bunch of stuff that you or I would dearly love!

I've been playing catch-up for the last few years and finally have most of what I needed - most recent purchases have been Real Time Stood Still and the Japanese version of Ink. I got that one on eBay from a seller called "MrChung" in Hong Kong. It arrived here in Scotland within a week and beautifully packaged. Copies don't appear that often so, if you're on eBay, maybe drop him an email and inquire - he's a top quality seller and appears to have lots of rare stuff.

I have Ultimate Collection still to arrive - bought it for the liner notes really. Other than that, what I would really love to have are the Stage One CD and maybe a FIXXSTIXX or 2. A man can dream eh?!
    The world will always turn, with or without your point of view...

FIXX cd purchases

Hi all. Havern't been able to buy any CD's lately because of funds. The last one I bought was 1011 Woodland. As far as DVD's I recently bought Live in the USA. The seller made a copy from the tape as to preserve the VHS tape. I have both the VHS copy and DVD. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Especially when Cy's shirt accidentally flew open! I thought I'd faint right then and there. I hope they someday make a DVD with all of their videos on it. The 20th Century Masters DVD just isn't enough.
    the1fixxfan

Cool VHS and DVD

Quote Originally Posted by the1fixxfan View Post
    Hi all. Havern't been able to buy any CD's lately because of funds. The last one I bought was 1011 Woodland. As far as DVD's I recently bought Live in the USA. The seller made a copy from the tape as to preserve the VHS tape. I have both the VHS copy and DVD. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Especially when Cy's shirt accidentally flew open! I thought I'd faint right then and there. I hope they someday make a DVD with all of their videos on it. The 20th Century Masters DVD just isn't enough.
    I also have the Live in the USA vhs, in brand new shape,just watched it recently,and not five minutes ago was thinking about finding someone to convert it to dvd for me. I also have the 20th Century Masters DVD, watched it last night and your right too short. Need more Fixx!!

"your amour is love"
    Michael

Cool Ink info

Quote Originally Posted by Robert M View Post
    Good stuff. I think that the longer-standing members still active here probably have a bunch of stuff that you or I would dearly love!

I've been playing catch-up for the last few years and finally have most of what I needed - most recent purchases have been Real Time Stood Still and the Japanese version of Ink. I got that one on eBay from a seller called "MrChung" in Hong Kong. It arrived here in Scotland within a week and beautifully packaged. Copies don't appear that often so, if you're on eBay, maybe drop him an email and inquire - he's a top quality seller and appears to have lots of rare stuff.

I have Ultimate Collection still to arrive - bought it for the liner notes really. Other than that, what I would really love to have are the Stage One CD and maybe a FIXXSTIXX or 2. A man can dream eh?!
    Thanks for the MrChung Ink info, I'll give that a try. Have the Stage One, got
    it signed by the band like I said on the other thread. I'm sorry I can't help
    there I really wish I could help you find it! That's always the challenge, finding
    it,when you want it. But I love looking!

"your amour is love"
    Michael

Cool Thanks Robert

Unfortunately MrChung lost out, didn't respond to my email, but
    I went to Musicstack(which I've dealt with before), and Maggie Mae in Japan did respond to my email, just waiting for confirmation of order. I even got it for a decent price, brand new sealed. So as soon as it's confirmed I can add Ink Japanese import to my waiting to receive list.

"your amour is love"
    Michael
    Last edited by firstnovaprime; 08-06-2012 at 11:53 AM.

...I have Ultimate Collection still to arrive - bought it for the liner notes really.
    Ultimate Collection does become necessary for the completists as it is the only high resolution digital source for the One Thing single (different than the album) and Less Cities single (also different than the album). One Thing is actually a different mix. I believe Less Cities to be the same mix but a shorter version.

Cool update

Quote Originally Posted by firstnovaprime View Post
    I was just sitting here today listening to several different Fixx cds,currently not a Fixx cd but has Cy and Jamie on it the Better Off Dead Soundtrack and thought I'd list what Fixx purchases I've
    made recently:

Beautiful Friction (best purchase of the year)
    Anyone Else DJ cd single
    Solar Minimum (not a Fixx but a Cy solo project)
    Calm Animals on the Rainman label extra track (Never Mind What You Leave Behind)
    When Pigs Fly(various artist doing covers of other artist- the Fixx "These Boots Are Made for Walkin') Don Ho covering Peter Gabriel's
    Shock the Monkey is hilarious
    1011 Woodland on dualdisc (dvd audio on one side, cd on the other)

On order (but haven't received yet):

Another Lost Decade 80's-Hard to Find Hits (Deeper and Deeper short version)
    Stand or Fall ( European version of the King Biscuit Flower Hour Concert on the Disky label)

As you can see I've been busy! How about you, what have you bought? And does anybody know where I can get Ink on Japanese import cd?

"your amour is love"
    Michael
    received: Another Lost Decade (Deeper and Deeper short version
    is great, makes want to go and find the Streets of Fire dvd and cd)

add to ordered list: Ink on Japanese import cd (mainly for Ships Are Safe In Harbour)

"your amour is love"
    Michael

Cool You're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pariseau View Post
    Ultimate Collection does become necessary for the completists as it is the only high resolution digital source for the One Thing single (different than the album) and Less Cities single (also different than the album). One Thing is actually a different mix. I believe Less Cities to be the same mix but a shorter version.
    I listened to it today, and had forgotten about the difference between
    these versions and album versions.

"your amour is love"
    Michael

Cool add more purchases

received: Another Lost Decade (Deeper and Deeper short version
    is great, makes want to go and find the Streets of Fire dvd and cd)

add to ordered list: Ink on Japanese import cd (mainly for Ships Are Safe In Harbour)

"your amour is love"
    Michael
    received Stand or Fall the Fixx live cd and Cy's 2nd solo cd The
    Returning Sun, today, both are great!
    also Wasted (digital download only) from iTunes.

still waiting for Ink Japanese import!

"your amour is love"
    Michael

Cool more received,more ordered!

received Stand or Fall the Fixx live cd and Cy's 2nd solo cd The
    Returning Sun, today, both are great!
    also Wasted (digital download only) from iTunes.

still waiting for Ink Japanese import!

"your amour is love"
    Michael
    received Ink Japanese import, listening to it as I type.
    bought a copy of Walkabout (with extra song) at a flea market for $3's today.

ordered Of Hands and Hearts (with Fatal Shore live).

"your amour is love"
    Michael

Just Getting Started!!

Hi Guys,

New guy in town here!!

I am finally getting more into The Fixx and actually upgrading my collection from cassette to CD.

I just Ordered "Anthology", "Shuttered Room (with bonus tracks)", and Reach The Beach (with bonus tracks)".

I bought "Beautiful Friction" a few weeks ago and liking it is the reason that I am back into the Fixx.

Library Jon

Cool more

received Ink Japanese import, listening to it as I type.
    bought a copy of Walkabout (with extra song) at a flea market for $3's today.

ordered Of Hands and Hearts (with Fatal Shore live).

"your amour is love"
    Michael
    ordered Elemental/Woodland box set from Germany
    Beautiful Friction (UK version on the Hypertension label)

"your amour is love"
    Michael

Beautiful Friction Import?

What is on the Uk import of "Beautiful Friction" that is diferent from the US version? Please guys, when you order special import versions of Fixx CDs, provide information explaining how these versions are diferent?

Library Jon

Cool Possible different mix of JBD

Quote Originally Posted by libraryjon View Post
    What is on the Uk import of "Beautiful Friction" that is diferent from the US version? Please guys, when you order special import versions of Fixx CDs, provide information explaining how these versions are diferent?

Library Jon
    The UK version possibly has a different mix of Just Before Dawn, I took a chance and ordered it, besides it's not in digipak form, so it's different packing. I'll let you know if there really is any difference when I get it, shouldn't be to long, it's coming from California.

"your amour is love"
    Michael

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast