Thread: Walkabout Question

Walkabout Question

I discovered the extra track at the end of the Walkabout CD by chance when I bought it new 100 years ago or so . Does anyone know why that was included at the end? It isn't an extra track on my disc but an extension of Camphor... meaning there is dead air after Camphor and then a short time into that, Do What You Can starts. I remember looking at my cd player tracking counter and no sound playing and thinking it was a bit odd for the player to be doing that. Then the next song starts! After that I thought all the Walkabout cds had it but it turns out not all of them do. Also, that song is just one of the best, has it ever been performed live?

It's called a 'secret' or 'ghost' track.... a trick we dreamed up in the early days of digital, a bit like an 'easter egg'!!

Unfortunately when you do that, the track is not registered as a separate track, so no royalties!!

Just a bit of fun!

SWT

I think I actually included a track like this on an album that started 20 minutes after the final track.... you would just have to leave the CD playing that long without realising!

SWT

I think the trickiest extra track I've come across is by 311. Some versions of Transistor have a song BEFORE track 1. You have to let the CD start at track 1, then push rewind to get to the secret track.

Clever.
    Took me months to figure out.

Beautiful song! Here's the only video I've found for it:

Question

this album is also one of my favorites. i sure do wonder about what the songs are about.i musta listened to these songs for millions of times. what is camphor about ? "it was a feeling like camphor rushing through my tubes, a cooling draft of rare interlude " like what is he singing about ? i didnt and dont really care..but it would be neat to know..like that camphor song sounds like some sort of a song for a sci fi movie where the spaceman is taking a sip of something...but what is it really about ?

Linked below an old thread about Camphor. As usual, I had to add my two cents, right or wrong.

Camphor-What-is-this-about?
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Thanks for the link dejapete ! I went to the link and it doesn't have the right answer either but it was interesting to see what others think it is. Lyrics, lyrics, lyrics ... ha ... ive made some wierd lyric songs myself and what the songs are about are hard to figure out as well