Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fixx, Las Vegas 8/15/12

The Fixx, Las Vegas 8/15/12

Just got home from an amazing Fixx show. There was a formal meet & greet before the show for those of us who paid for VIP tickets, and that was cool. The show was amazing, they played I think 5 tracks from Beautiful Friction including the title track, and for the first time ever live... Shaman! I have video of it and everything! Besides that, the show was fantastic. They even played a rare one, Outside.

I'm heading to Santa Cruz for the next show this Friday, too. Should be awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E_12crtvwE

Last edited by Xaqtly; 08-15-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    Fixxated

With her senses sharpened by the warning cold
    She brings me to memory

Las Vegas ...all 54 years of the life so far

Xaqtly Right !

Wow...Incredible Show in Vegas , I cant find the words to describe it . Brilliant , highest quality in clarity , did i mention FUN , The Fixx is "THE BEST" Xaqtly is Right . This show was history making in my book. Attendance , app. 300 to 400 . Great fans, dancing singing , having a blast from the past & present . The setlist was almost identical to Seattle show ...cept added some greats.
    opened @ 915 pm Deeper
    Anyone Else
    Just before Dawn
    Take A Risk
    Beautiful Friction
    What God ?
    Yesterday , Today
    The Fool
    One Thing
    Stand or Fall
    Outside
    R WE Ourselves
    How much is enough
    Fatal Shore
    Driven out
    Shaman (1st time ever live )
    Saved by O
    Red Skies
    Secret Sep. end @ 1054 pm .
    hope i got that right ... Thank you so much to "THE FIXX" for such an amazing show tonight in Vegas !
    got the new Fixx HAT and a second copy of "Beautiful Friction" only to be unwrapped in case of emergency ... peace & love to all , get out there and see "THE FIXX" , its worth more than you could ever know. I was taken back spiritually this eve. Cy , Rupert , Adam , Dan , last but not least Jamie ... It was the best ive ever seen . and that my friends is What God's truth is .
    gregory
    Last edited by fixxgregory; 08-15-2012 at 04:29 AM. Reason: add less cities to setlst
    gregory

What an awesome show - I was incredibly impressed.

They band was is great form and great voice.

I was absolutely psyched when they played Shaman - as I had been hoping for (but not expecting) that song. From start to finish the concert was tremendous. I thought What God was fantastic.

I was also really happy to hear the fool - which I am sure they played back in 1983 (the lst time I was able to see them live).

How much is enough followed by Driven Out was awesome and those songs really play well right next to each other in a set list.

A fantastic show. The venue was great too - I was center stage about 13.75 feet from the stage.

Well done, boys!

Shaman Live What An Extra Treat for Vegas

Thanks for posting this song on You Tube that was just awesome to see. They need to keep this one in the set list when they come back my way on the east coast.

Also wanted to mention that my friend Pat the pro photographer was there taking about 1000 pics. He had full backstage access and permission to shoot the show. When he gets the pics online I'll link to them here.
    Fixxated

She brings me to memory

Sounds like a great show

That Vegas set list is incredible. I, too, hope they keep Shaman in the show for the east coast dates.

I've asked this via twitter with no response: I'm seeing the band in one of the shows where they are J Geils' "special guest", which I assume is another way of saying the opening act. Will the band be playing a full set list, or is it abbreviated due to being on stage first? I really hope I see a full set list (my front row tix were $60!).

Also wondering about merchandise at shows. My "Want That Life" tour shirt is pretty well worn. Are they selling stuff on the road?

Can't wait until 8/26!

-bw
    "I don't think that he should take The Strain"

Quote Originally Posted by bigwall View Post

Also wondering about merchandise at shows. My "Want That Life" tour shirt is pretty well worn. Are they selling stuff on the road?
    Yes, they're selling some belly shirts, tank tops and t-shirts, as well as hats, buttons and a few other misc. things. I bought a t-shirt, it's just the Beautiful Friction album cover. They also had a Want That Life shirt for sale too.
    Fixxated

She brings me to memory

Awesome Goodness!

The show was incredible!

I had been playing Beautiful Friction on the way over for the friends that I drove to the show. Before "Shaman" came on, I hit pause and told everyone that here was another great song they won't be hearing live, judging by the setlists I'd read from prior shows (I didn't see the facebook post from the band before setting off to pick everyone up). We all agreed Shaman was a standout in a CD that is all standouts to begin with. One of my friends in attendance is part native american, and she loved hearing Shaman for the first time in the car on the way over, and she was bummed when I told her it wasn't part of the setlist at other shows, though she was still stoked to see the band perform, of course. But that song immediately became near and dear to her.

The shear joy upon the band's returning to the stage for the encore, and Cy announcing they were doing a first-ever live performance sent rockets of energy out among us. We stood center stage, about 12 feet away, in close proximity to other Fixxtures I assume, and yelled out Shaman at the top of our lungs (along with quite a few others saying the same thing). Sure enough, he says its Shaman.

My friend clutched her chest above her heart, as tears of happiness nearly formed. Rapture, bliss, happiness ensued...

Great show! Fantastic new album! Thanks, guys; you out did yourselves!
    "this one sign of the cross"

Looking forward to the new stuff but OMG Outside. That song kicks ass with Jamie's screaming lead!!!
    Please keep it the setlist. Also, overjoyed RED Skies is the closer
    Now if we could get rid of Secret Sep and add back in Women on a train.

QUOTE=fixxgregory;77747]Wow...Incredible Show in Vegas , I cant find the words to describe it . Brilliant , highest quality in clarity , did i mention FUN , The Fixx is "THE BEST" Xaqtly is Right . This show was history making in my book. Attendance , app. 300 to 400 . Great fans, dancing singing , having a blast from the past & present . The setlist was almost identical to Seattle show ...cept added some greats.
    opened @ 915 pm Deeper
    Anyone Else
    Just before Dawn
    Take A Risk
    Beautiful Friction
    What God ?
    Yesterday , Today
    The Fool
    One Thing
    Stand or Fall
    Outside
    R WE Ourselves
    How much is enough
    Fatal Shore
    Driven out
    Shaman (1st time ever live )
    Saved by O
    Red Skies
    Secret Sep. end @ 1054 pm .
    hope i got that right ... Thank you so much to "THE FIXX" for such an amazing show tonight in Vegas !
    got the new Fixx HAT and a second copy of "Beautiful Friction" only to be unwrapped in case of emergency ... peace & love to all , get out there and see "THE FIXX" , its worth more than you could ever know. I was taken back spiritually this eve. Cy , Rupert , Adam , Dan , last but not least Jamie ... It was the best ive ever seen . and that my friends is What God's truth is .
    gregory [/QUOTE]
    We'll know for the first time
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

Quote Originally Posted by RoboCoaster View Post
    We stood center stage, about 12 feet away, in close proximity to other Fixxtures I assume, and yelled out Shaman at the top of our lungs (along with quite a few others saying the same thing). Sure enough, he says its Shaman.
    Haha, I heard you. I was just a few people to your right, up near the stage. And after Cy said it was Shaman, you probably heard me yell "YYYYEAAAAHHHH!" haha. You can probably tell where I was standing from where I shot the video.

Great show.
    Fixxated

She brings me to memory

I really wanted to go to LV since that is where it all started for me... almost 8 years ago on this incredible journey with my fellow Fixxtures...I have met some amazing, special people on this road.. people who have enriched or changed my life in ways that I will never be able to express.....including the Fixx...

Glad it was a great show..wish I could have been there,.. but looking forward to seeing them on my side of the desert....

Jeanne
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboCoaster View Post
    The show was incredible!

I had been playing Beautiful Friction on the way over for the friends that I drove to the show. Before "Shaman" came on, I hit pause and told everyone that here was another great song they won't be hearing live, judging by the setlists I'd read from prior shows (I didn't see the facebook post from the band before setting off to pick everyone up). We all agreed Shaman was a standout in a CD that is all standouts to begin with. One of my friends in attendance is part native american, and she loved hearing Shaman for the first time in the car on the way over, and she was bummed when I told her it wasn't part of the setlist at other shows, though she was still stoked to see the band perform, of course. But that song immediately became near and dear to her.

The shear joy upon the band's returning to the stage for the encore, and Cy announcing they were doing a first-ever live performance sent rockets of energy out among us. We stood center stage, about 12 feet away, in close proximity to other Fixxtures I assume, and yelled out Shaman at the top of our lungs (along with quite a few others saying the same thing). Sure enough, he says its Shaman.

My friend clutched her chest above her heart, as tears of happiness nearly formed. Rapture, bliss, happiness ensued...

Great show! Fantastic new album! Thanks, guys; you out did yourselves!
    Dude, I think I was standing right next to you guys. As soon as Cy said - here's one we haven't played live I started yelling SHAMAN!

Xaqtly - Great video, thanks for sharing that historical moment with us all.

Henry - Secret Separation really needs to stay in the set-list. The chicks dig it. Use that song as your potty break tune if it is that unbearable for you

Wish I could have been there. The days of me being able to scoot out of work on short notice are over.

To the rest of you who were there - it really is thrilling to read your experience and enthusiasm. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

I love "Secret Separation". One of my favorites.

Yeah, for me Secret Separation is one of those songs that just covers me like a blanket, and it smells like home. It's the same thing when they play Are We Ourselves, How Much is Enough, Driven Out, Saved by Zero. It just puts me in a place where everything is the way it used to be, and I love it.
    Fixxated

She brings me to memory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast