Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fixx on Jimmy Kimmel Live! (Aug 16th). Tomorrow Thursday WOW

The Fixx on Jimmy Kimmel Live! (Aug 16th). Tomorrow Thursday WOW

I hope this is true cause I will be watching out for this. Some real exposure now to the masses. Dan says they will be doing Anyone Else and another song. Please do What God? should seal the deal with the audience and bring in new fans. Cy do all your hand and arm gestures to capture the crowd and blow there minds. Play your hearts out guys. Also make mention that this cd was inspired by the occupy movement that should get there attention.

Whoohoo!

I'd suspect though that they'd do one old song (remind everyone who they are!) as well as one new?

Can't wait...even thought it is way past my bedtime...LOL!! It will be worth it.
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Thanks for the reminder! I will set the DVR

Gonna be hurting at work tomorrow. Very pumped up crowd (and band).

The Fixx Rocked It

Just watched the show and they did Anyone Else 1st the complete song. Then they did Red Skies after another introduction by Jimmy K. The host says you can watch the full concert on line at the ABC TV station under Jimmy Kimbel. The Fixx just got a whole new bunch of fans that should be showing up on this fan site any day now. Long Live The Fixx they Rock.

Cool just watched it

they did Red Skies as the 2nd song, but cut it short on tv.

"your amour is love"
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by LoseFace View Post
    Jimmy K. says you can watch the full concert on line at the ABC TV station under Jimmy Kimbel.
    Looks like it should eventually show up here.

The world will always turn, with or without your point of view...

Yes, it was really cool seeing the guys on a show like that. They sounded and looked great. The best part, i believe, were the lights. It's very rare that we get any kind of lighting at a Fixx show and it really brings more of a current vibe to their performance as a whole. Their shows are very minimal which is very respectable because they're total pros and super tight, but visuals really help to sell the music. It can be understated, as it was on Jimmy Kimmel, and still create a captivating vibe that enhances the music on another level, in my opinion.

However, CY, please stop tapping your ass in One Thing, that's just pure cheese.

Tatawayowayo

Couldn't stay up last night to watch it, but just watched the clips. They were terrific - looked and sounded fantastic. The new single stands up nicely alongside 2 of their biggest classic hits. I'm so happy they were able to get this exposure. Hopefully folks who saw the show will check out the new album, and catch them on tour.

The Fixx were spot on last night. The killed it!
    We'll know for the first time
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

Why No Mention Of This On The Fixx Official Web Site

Just wondering why no mention of this guest appearance on Jimmy Kimmel. I was hoping that The Fixx would do a TV spot for exposure. Hopefully this will help them sell CDs and tickets to one of their shows while on tour. Maybe Jimmy Falon will be next on the east coast.
    I thought they looked great and sounded terrific last night on the show. I am watching the rebroadcast now as I write. I wish I lived close by to Santa Cruz today to see them again live. I have been there back in the 70's and this is a great venue and Cy stated on Rock Line that this is his favorite venue. That being said this should be a great show tonight for the people of California.

Quote Originally Posted by LoseFace View Post
    Just wondering why no mention of this guest appearance on Jimmy Kimmel. I was hoping that The Fixx would do a TV spot for exposure. Hopefully this will help them sell CDs and tickets to one of their shows while on tour. Maybe Jimmy Falon will be next on the east coast.
    I thought they looked great and sounded terrific last night on the show. I am watching the rebroadcast now as I write. I wish I lived close by to Santa Cruz today to see them again live. I have been there back in the 70's and this is a great venue and Cy stated on Rock Line that this is his favorite venue. That being said this should be a great show tonight for the people of California.
    Sure was on the official site. Front page.

My Mistake It Was on The Fixx Official Site

I guess I need to stop looking at the news tab and just scroll down below the Anyone Else video for my updates on the Home page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast