Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reliving 1983 in 2012 With The Fixx and Supertramp

Reliving 1983 in 2012 With The Fixx and Supertramp

I saw Roger Hodgson one of the original song writers and singers from Supertramp in Atlantic City last night. Roger last toured with Supertramp in 1983. Turns out that The Fixx was the opening act for some of that tour. Supertramp introduced their fans to The Fixx and I have been hooked on The Fixx ever since. Funny how in 2012 I would see both of my all time favorites in concert. Roger at 62 years of age pulled off a great show along with a 4 piece band. He played 16 songs from his catalog of solo albums as well as his penned Supertramp classics like The Logical Song, Take The Long Way Home, Give A Little Bit and Dreamer. I sat with my older brother 2nd row center stage. To be this close to one of my favorite performers was a dream come true for me. This guy plays his guitar beautifully just like the original songs that he recorded. To be so close and to see his fingers moving on the threats of his guitar was beautiful to see. When at the keyboards I had no visual so I just sat and listened to his great playing. This guys song stories are on the same playing field as The Fixx. Album titles like Crime of the Century, Crisis, What Crisis? and In The Eye of the Storm are firmilar themes of disconnect with what is going on in this crazy world we live in. Now we have the new Fixx cd singing about these same never ending themes. Thanks for reading this.

I'm also a big fan of Roger's. If you haven't seen it already, this DVD is well worth it.

that's cool ! i like superstamp also..lol .. i meant supertramp ..also, does the fixx have a dvd out ? tat would b so rad

Quote Originally Posted by tookarisk View Post
    does the fixx have a dvd out ? tat would b so rad
    There's an old, but awesome, concert from the Phantoms tour, but it's only available on VHS:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/6300184153

There's also the Stage Two: In The Public Eye DVD, but I think it's sold out? You might have to look on eBay, GEMM, or EIL for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    There's also the Stage Two: In The Public Eye DVD, but I think it's sold out? You might have to look on eBay, GEMM, or EIL for it.
    I don't see any current copies, but EIL lets you request the next available copy:

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=361964

Hi Jeff, You are doing an excellent job with this forum. Also all the helpful fixtures on this forum. Yes I first fell in love with Supertramp when Even In The Quietest Moments was released in 77. I saw them twice for the Breakfast In America tour and then Famous Last Words Roger's last tour with his band. I still see Supertramp now and then even since Roger left them. I also like Rick Davis and the rest of the band members. Always a great show from both Supertramp and Roger Hodgson. I have only seen Roger twice as a solo show. I do own the Live in Montreal DVD if that's what you mentioned. What a great show I saw of Roger in Atlantic City with his band. They really nailed his songs. This is the set list from last night they may not be in perfect order but this was it.

Take The Long Way Home
    Sister Moonshine
    In Jeopardy
    Breakfast In America
    Lady
    The More I Look
    C'est Le Bon
    The Logical Song
    Puppet Dance
    A Soapbox Opera
    Death And The Zoo
    Lord Is It Mine
    Child Of Vision
    Fool's Overture
    Dreamer
    Give A Little Bit

He also told great stories and inter acted well with the audience.
    Check out his web site. All he has is a guest book with no forums.
    I like this forum better than what Roger has.
    Thanks for your reply
    Stan

funnily enough the first two bands I bought albums by were supertramp and Sad Cafe ,the latter having just announced a tour (their first for 25 yrs) this morning.Obviously without the late great Paul Young but still worth a watch I hope.The local gig to me is a couple of days before I see Mike Peters in Chester.It would be lovely to add The Fixx to my november gig list,what a hat trick that would be!

Dave Snakey

roger hodgson

I just saw Roger in Rhode island...Great show...basically the same set list as atlantic city. Only complaint I had is that Roger did not play his electric guitar. I can remember how good he sounded with supertramp playing songs like school & child of vision. I don't understand why he doesn't play it anymore ....especially since he now has a backing band with him. It would be like see ing the fixx with Jamie playing acoustic the whole set.

I was at Roger's Atlantic City show too! He sounded absolutely amazing... he definitely deserved the standing ovations after Fool's Overture and Death and a Zoo. His voice was still in fantastic shape & the setlist was incredible-- loved hearing the deep gems in addition to the radio favorites. I don't think there are many other musicians that are so open and friendly with the audience, it was great to run up to the stage for the last couple of songs...he's still got a ways to go on his current tour in the US & he's announcing more shows for 2013. I've also read that he reads all the guestbook posts-- that's almost totally unheard of for a rock legend! He doesn't have a forum but he does have an official Facebook page where tour dates & presale info are posted-
    http://www.facebook.com/RogerHodgsonOfficial
    Well, I'm off to go watch his Live in Montreal DVD-- thanks for reminding me about it Jeff

I don't see any current copies, but EIL lets you request the next available copy:

Actually STAGE TWO is available for sale at most of the live shows.

Quote Originally Posted by FIXX OFFICIAL View Post

Ohh... excellent! Are there other goodies still available? Such as any shows on FixxStixx?

No more FixxStix.....those were for a limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by FIXX OFFICIAL View Post
    I want to see this show, please you share a link.

woo i like also like the songs but i can't found any link to download it if you have so plz share with us thanks
    michel123

If folks are looking for Stage Two, it is available in the Fixx online store. Here is a link...

The Fixx - Stage Two - In the Public Eye
    Lisa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast