Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the fixx merchandise!!!

Where is the fixx merchandise!!!

Come on already and get with it. The Fixx are touring their new CD and they have no merchandise available on their Website. This is criminal!!
    They are gaining new followers and people from the live shows who want tee shirts & hats. At the Milwaukee show they had t-shirts but they went only up to a size xl. Maybe you didn't get the memo but most fans are in their 40-50's and we've put on a few pounds and could use a XXL shirts. Most of the shows merchandise is not even available, how is this possible?? I had three people ask me the other day where I can buy a Fixx shirt and I said try ebay.

If it's too much trouble to get merchandise at the show, what is your excuse for online merchandise??
    The Fixx are losing thousands of dollars. They are flying overseas and leaving their families to do this tour and I'm sure they could use the scratch.

signed
    cantankerous Hankster
    We'll know for the first time
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

Thank you for your concern.

Tour merchandise is indeed available at the ongoing tour.
    Thanks for the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by FIXX OFFICIAL View Post
    Thank you for your concern.

Tour merchandise is indeed available at the ongoing tour.
    Thanks for the memo.
    Ok
    Will there be any merchandise available online for people who cant make the show or the fixx aren't stopping in their city/state?
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

I have to agree

I am a Fixx fan and I have to agree with Mr Izzo. There are a lot of people who love the band and would love to be able to buy memorabilia. I, too, would like to see XXL shirts available. I don't know whether they need the money or not but selling t-shirts, key chains, coffee mugs, jewelry, etc. would be a great way to promote the band and, therefore, their music. The band is still producing great music often with a great message that more people need to hear . . . and to experience. It infuriates me to hear The Fixx being referred to as an 80's band because I think they are a timeless, perennial band who only gets better with time.
    Fixxture For Life

Stvnc

Quote Originally Posted by HENRY IZZO View Post
    Ok
    Will there be any merchandise available online for people who cant make the show or the fixx aren't stopping in their city/state?
    IMHO, Fixxtures who can't make it to shows are a clever bunch. They contact fellow Ficctures who aren't logistically-challenged and make arrangements. We've been doing it for years and it's a byproduct of being part of a community.

So, the real bee in your bonnet is no merch for sale on the website.

While you perceive some big loss for the band, consider that you might not fully appreciate the possible issues involved. Selling merch on the web is a pain. I know this first-hand. If you do it yourself, you need people to manage the fulfillment and the inventory - where do you store the stuff, what kind of mailing supplies do you need for a CD versus a t-shirt, blah, blah. I notice that Kirtland only sells cds from their site - likely for good reason. If you offload sales duties to a third party, like Amazon or Cafe Press, you end up giving away half of the profits. Of course, you can charge a lot...but then the complaint won't be "why don't you sell merch online," but "why is it so expensive"? Also, the investment in quantity printing can be expensive. That might be a consideration.

I am sure that the day will come when merch is available for purchase on thefixx.com, but for now attentions likely focus on promoting the record and the band in other ways, that may have greater impact for them...
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by musegirl View Post
    IMHO, Fixxtures who can't make it to shows are a clever bunch. They contact fellow Ficctures who aren't logistically-challenged and make arrangements. We've been doing it for years and it's a byproduct of being part of a community.

So, the real bee in your bonnet is no merch for sale on the website.

While you perceive some big loss for the band, consider that you might not fully appreciate the possible issues involved. Selling merch on the web is a pain. I know this first-hand. If you do it yourself, you need people to manage the fulfillment and the inventory - where do you store the stuff, what kind of mailing supplies do you need for a CD versus a t-shirt, blah, blah. I notice that Kirtland only sells cds from their site - likely for good reason. If you offload sales duties to a third party, like Amazon or Cafe Press, you end up giving away half of the profits. Of course, you can charge a lot...but then the complaint won't be "why don't you sell merch online," but "why is it so expensive"? Also, the investment in quantity printing can be expensive. That might be a consideration.

I am sure that the day will come when merch is available for purchase on thefixx.com, but for now attentions likely focus on promoting the record and the band in other ways, that may have greater impact for them...
    I respectfully disagree.
    T-shirts are a dime a dozen. You could pawn this off on a third party & distribute on paypal or other third parties. I don't know of any band that doesn't offer merchandise on line. Even a mickey mouse band like the psychedelic furs "sorry furs fans" sell shirts
    http://thepsychedelicfurs.firebrandstore.com/

I understand The Fixx have a small budget but you treat them like little kids in a garage band.
    Just stating my opinion as a fan.
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

I know several people in STL who would've liked a Beautiful Friction T but they didn't have XL or XXL. I bought a BF T as well as the Reach the Beach baseball type shirt and love them both. When we got to Milwaukee, they had re-stocked the the BF T in XL but it was still too small for George so he had to go without one. I understand the issues with hauling merch around and mailing it out without a team of employees fo fill orders so I'm not complaining. I like to buy the larger shirts to sleep in too so I hope they re-stock lots of XXL's for their next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by JEANNIE29 View Post
    I know several people in STL who would've liked a Beautiful Friction T but they didn't have XL or XXL. I bought a BF T as well as the Reach the Beach baseball type shirt and love them both. When we got to Milwaukee, they had re-stocked the the BF T in XL but it was still too small for George so he had to go without one. I understand the issues with hauling merch around and mailing it out without a team of employees fo fill orders so I'm not complaining. I like to buy the larger shirts to sleep in too so I hope they re-stock lots of XXL's for their next time around.
    That's what my wife says too.

btw; Did you see in merchandise Saturday? I didn't . Just wanted to be sure.

pS: I'm glad you survived Saturday. That drunken fan towards the end of the show was obnoxious.
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

One more thing,

Thursday's show in Milwaukee they were selling autographed programs for $25. They sold two = $50

You could have raffled off 1 program for $10 a ticket. If only 50 people bought tickets you would net $500.

I dont claim to be a panacea but you have to think outside the box. Touring is where money should be made.

Hankster
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

I tried to get fixxed (Phil from Winnipeg) a XL BF t-shirt, but I took the last one for myself. I felt guilty so I got him a RTB XL shirt. There were others there in line after me that were disappointed that I got the last XL BF shirt.

Didn't know about the 3rd party option Hank...if that's possible then that would seem like a good option if resources are strained/limited.

Was glad to see a good turnout at the Skokie show. It was good that they were booked on the WGN-TV mid-day news show as well as JBTV. The JBTV show should be online in a few weeks...sometime in September. http://www.jbtvonline.com/

Brought a huge U2 fan and his wife to the show. He was skeptical about the performance heading in, but said afterwards that he thought they were pretty good...better than he expected.

Quote Originally Posted by HENRY IZZO View Post
    That's what my wife says too.

btw; Did you see in merchandise Saturday? I didn't . Just wanted to be sure.

pS: I'm glad you survived Saturday. That drunken fan towards the end of the show was obnoxious.
    They had a merch table set up to the left of the stage but, unless you were looking for it, you would have missed it once the crowd poured in. I know a couple other bands that haven't really "made it" yet have fans/friends all over the USA and the bands send them the merch and then the fans handle the packing/mailing aspect. I think they use paypal and order through their websites. I designed and ordered T's for National Medical Laboratory Week celebrations at the hospital where I work for several yrs. They were $6.50 each and a 1 time set up fee of $45. We could order any style, color, etc... as long as it had the same logo in the same size. I also did tote bags, messenger bags, lunch bags, and cooler bags. We could have done plastic cups, coffee mugs, key chins, etc... Everyone got 1 free shirt from the hospital and they liked them so well that I put in several more orders that they had to buy. The minimum shirt order was only 12 shirts. I ordered Hanes beefy t's and they were really nice and all made in America. I don't know how The Fixx goes about ordering merch or how much it costs per item but I thought the company I worked with was very reasonable. I would love to have a Fixx lunch bag or tote bag. I can advertise better with useful items - I can only wear a Fixx t-shirt so many times but a lunch bag or tote could be seen every day.

Also, thanks for the concern about the drunk fan Hankster. He meant no harm - just overly excited and over served. His friend came to pry him off of me.

Quote Originally Posted by JEANNIE29 View Post
    They had a merch table set up to the left of the stage but, unless you were looking for it, you would have missed it once the crowd poured in. I know a couple other bands that haven't really "made it" yet have fans/friends all over the USA and the bands send them the merch and then the fans handle the packing/mailing aspect. I think they use paypal and order through their websites. I designed and ordered T's for National Medical Laboratory Week celebrations at the hospital where I work for several yrs. They were $6.50 each and a 1 time set up fee of $45. We could order any style, color, etc... as long as it had the same logo in the same size. I also did tote bags, messenger bags, lunch bags, and cooler bags. We could have done plastic cups, coffee mugs, key chins, etc... Everyone got 1 free shirt from the hospital and they liked them so well that I put in several more orders that they had to buy. The minimum shirt order was only 12 shirts. I ordered Hanes beefy t's and they were really nice and all made in America. I don't know how The Fixx goes about ordering merch or how much it costs per item but I thought the company I worked with was very reasonable. I would love to have a Fixx lunch bag or tote bag. I can advertise better with useful items - I can only wear a Fixx t-shirt so many times but a lunch bag or tote could be seen every day.

Also, thanks for the concern about the drunk fan Hankster. He meant no harm - just overly excited and over served. His friend came to pry him off of me.
    Great stuff

I'm still a little confused on how The Fixx keep running out of shirts at their live shows? You think thy would have learned by now.

My whole point is not to bitch & moan but to get the dialogue going. The fans are speaking up and giving their great ideas. Keep them coming.

I want this band to succeed because they work hard and deserve it. It's hard to survive a tour by just promoting the CD. Merchandise is where the money can be made.

Hope to see The Fixx back in the states next year and who knows, maybe they will play the entire Reach The Beach Album

Signed
    The less cantankerous
    Hankster aka Izzo
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

No XXL shirts? Yikes. I guess I won't be getting one at the 9/1 show coming up, which is disappointing because I had planned on getting a t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    No XXL shirts? Yikes. I guess I won't be getting one at the 9/1 show coming up, which is disappointing because I had planned on getting a t-shirt.
    I know that totally sux. Hundreds of fans are being left out of buying shirts because they don't have XXL. More lost revenue and disappointed fans.

Lets hope they learn for this huge oversight and they have XXL in the future and maybe just maybe we will be able to get XXL on-line.

I know they are hearing us but lets hope they listen. Big difference .

You will enjoy the show. Please give us your review my friend
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

I know many people on this forum who have helped the band sell merchandise before. Just ask Cygnet (Rhonda), Bash, Pippi, msmith1 (Kim) and anyone else who helped Mick, Ira, Ed or Roger get the merch (requires capital), store it, transport it (truck or trailer), set up, sell, tear down (repeat) and you might realize what an enormous undertaking it is. It really takes dedicated staff to do it right.

An online store is equally time consuming and takes additional dedicated people. I've done it before, Musegirl has done it. Storage is an issue, maintaining a shipping department (even if its just your closet and a desk) takes money, space, and time.

I'm grateful The Fixx have an amazing new album and are touring in support. God bless them if they couldn't organize an impressive merch offering. It takes a lot of work and I'm glad they didn't delay touring to acquire a full array of goods and staff.

'nuff said

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast