Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is the fixx merchandise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pariseau View Post
    I know many people on this forum who have helped the band sell merchandise before. Just ask Cygnet (Rhonda), Bash, Pippi, msmith1 (Kim) and anyone else who helped Mick, Ira, Ed or Roger get the merch (requires capital), store it, transport it (truck or trailer), set up, sell, tear down (repeat) and you might realize what an enormous undertaking it is. It really takes dedicated staff to do it right.

An online store is equally time consuming and takes additional dedicated people. I've done it before, Musegirl has done it. Storage is an issue, maintaining a shipping department (even if its just your closet and a desk) takes money, space, and time.

I'm grateful The Fixx have an amazing new album and are touring in support. God bless them if they couldn't organize an impressive merch offering. It takes a lot of work and I'm glad they didn't delay touring to acquire a full array of goods and staff.

'nuff said
    You make some valid points however it's inexcusable to not have XXL shirts & low inventory. You can store thousands of shirts on the tour bus . As far as setting up is concerned most venues have chairs & tables for you to sell merchandise. You give them a $20 and they will set up & tear down. I know from experience.
    I know The Fixx have limited resources. That's a given but it's not rocket science to sell merchandise.
    We'll know for the first time
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

So IZZO why dont you take the job ? You seem to know more about this stuff than anyone- have at it mate!

it's easy to sit back and be a critic- (Im guilty myself sometimes!)

: )
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond05 View Post
    So IZZO why dont you take the job ? You seem to know more about this stuff than anyone- have at it mate!

it's easy to sit back and be a critic- (Im guilty myself sometimes!)

: )
    Give me a seat in the back of the bus. Free beer & brownies & I'm there. Seriously, I am sales so I have to come up with ideas all the time.
    If The Fixx can survive on limited merchandise and distribution, God Bless. I just am throwing out ideas for additional revenue. Here's my last one, I promise. Have they ever considered trying to get an advertising on this web site or Facebook?
    We'll know for the first time
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

Tour merch

Hello everyone,

The band does indeed have an impressive array of merch available at these shows. More than anytime in the past decade.
    We have THREE BRAND NEW shirt designs available for sale (apologies if some sizes tend to be scarce as we edge toward the latter part of the tour).
    We have also made hats, buttons, programs, DVD's and appropriately the "Beautiful Friction" cd available during this tour.

All new tour apparel is currently available exclusively at shows. It is not an uncommon practice. This is not to slight anyone, but rather to provide an extra incentive to those who have been kind enough to purchase a ticket and come out to a show.

An online store is indeed in the works and there will be a variety of items available there once we debut it.
    However, most often....tour merch will be available exclusively on tour.

As always, thanks for your concern and support.

Quote Originally Posted by FIXX OFFICIAL View Post
    Hello everyone,

The band does indeed have an impressive array of merch available at these shows. More than anytime in the past decade.
    We have THREE BRAND NEW shirt designs available for sale (apologies if some sizes tend to be scarce as we edge toward the latter part of the tour).
    We have also made hats, buttons, programs, DVD's and appropriately the "Beautiful Friction" cd available during this tour.

All new tour apparel is currently available exclusively at shows. It is not an uncommon practice. This is not to slight anyone, but rather to provide an extra incentive to those who have been kind enough to purchase a ticket and come out to a show.

An online store is indeed in the works and there will be a variety of items available there once we debut it.
    However, most often....tour merch will be available exclusively on tour.

As always, thanks for your concern and support.
    Thats what i'm talking about. I knew you could do it. I am elated !! We will be patient. I hope in the future u can get some XXL shirts . Most vendors charge an extra $5 which we wouldnt mind paying. We americans love our beer and pizza and tend to put on a few pounds.

I wish u & the band the best of luck with the remainder of the tour.
    Signed
    Happy Hankster aka Izzo

I Need My T-shirt Fixx

Is there any chance someone could purchase a shirt for me at one of the shows? I would be happy to pay for postage as well. I can send payment via paypal. Sadly they aren't coming anywhere near Toronto any time soon.

let me know
    Tatawayowayo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12