Thread: I can describe the RUSH set list in one word....

Hybrid View

I can describe the RUSH set list in one word....

BRUTAL

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2...a-bddad3a.html

$175 a ticket. No thanks. Love Rush but not this set list.
    We'll know for the first time
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

I saw the show in Bristow, VA last Sunday night. The setlist was slightly modified:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2...-2bddb8de.html

I do know that for some RUSH fans, enjoyment of a show is directly related to the setlist. Folks often want to hear certain deep cuts or older, classic material. Those fans might have been more satiated on the last tour. I am not an aficionado on the older songs, but I think they played a few and the hardcores around me appeared satisfied. I like the new album (I don't love it the way I love "Beautiful Friction". There are some skippable songs for me on "Clockwork Angels.)

Overall, it was a wonderful show and I was thoroughly entertained, even during those songs I didn't know. Exceptional music. Fantastic staging. The string ensemble added a depth to the sound on a number of the new songs that was noticeable. And they played for about 3 hours. All that being said, my tickets weren't as expensive as what you quoted and I doubt I would have paid that up front either. But in retrospect, I think it would have been worth that money, Hankster. Since my husband (who is the real RUSH fan in the family) was out of town the other night, I am trying to convince him to get to see them at a future date.
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by musegirl View Post
    I saw the show in Bristow, VA last Sunday night. The setlist was slightly modified:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2...-2bddb8de.html

I do know that for some RUSH fans, enjoyment of a show is directly related to the setlist. Folks often want to hear certain deep cuts or older, classic material. Those fans might have been more satiated on the last tour. I am not an aficionado on the older songs, but I think they played a few and the hardcores around me appeared satisfied. I like the new album (I don't love it the way I love "Beautiful Friction". There are some skippable songs for me on "Clockwork Angels.)

Overall, it was a wonderful show and I was thoroughly entertained, even during those songs I didn't know. Exceptional music. Fantastic staging. The string ensemble added a depth to the sound on a number of the new songs that was noticeable. And they played for about 3 hours. All that being said, my tickets weren't as expensive as what you quoted and I doubt I would have paid that up front either. But in retrospect, I think it would have been worth that money, Hankster. Since my husband (who is the real RUSH fan in the family) was out of town the other night, I am trying to convince him to get to see them at a future date.
    You can't please everyone. I don't like the set list therefore, I passed on tickets. I'm glad you enjoyed the show.
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

rush setlist

I'm really torn on the setlists for their 3 shows so far (modest changes each night). They are playing 8-9 songs from Clockwork Angels, and a heavy rotation of Power Windows songs (I missed that tour back in '86), so there are easily more than a dozen songs in their setlist that I have yet to hear live.

Power Windows is far from my favorite Rush cd, but the allure of all those songs I haven't heard live yet easily outweghs the fact that it isn't at the top of my list, as does the fact that these guys are ~60 yrs. old and who knows how many more tours there will be. Sure there some songs I'd rather hear, but this is probably the most unique setlist Rush has played.

I'm actually pretty happy that only 2 Moving Pictures songs are in the set....they played the entire album last tour, and all of their tours in the last decade have featured a heavy rotation of MP songs. The only disappointment for me is the lack of 70's era songs in the current set.

Lots of debate on the setlists so far. Interesting reading at http://www.rushisaband.com/

I will be at the Philly show next month and just enjoying the fact that my other favorite band is still playing live after all these years.

-Chris

I just wish Alex busts out the twang guitars for the PW's tunes- im a Fender fan- and that 80s chorus (Jamie sound) is my fave-
    not a huge lespaul or gibson fan-or the PRS guitars- still tooooo muffle sounding for me... respect it but not my fave of his stuff- except maybe the distorted 70s stuff with the white gibson-

YEah the price is getting up there for their gigs lately- but at least they can play their instruments WELL! you'd pay 150 bucks to see far less talented peeps shake their *** for the same price-

dancing doesnt make up for the licks the rush trio comes up with- all by themselves! still incredible to this day.... cant wait for Buffalo- Oct 26th!!!

<>
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Bottom line you money your choice. If you like the show that's all that matters.

$50 bucks for a tee-shirt. fuk that!!!!!!

At least someone agrees with me

Rush.. Opening night in Manchester, NH 9-7-12
    Verizon Wireless Arena - Manchester
    - Manchester
    , NH
    - Fri, Sep 7, 2012
    Posted 09/09/2012
    by CirciusShmircus
    AWFUL!!! You would think that these guys get it by now. 175 bucks a ticket to hear them play all their new stuff is crazy. Yea, we are impressed that Rush can make new music, but I do not pay admission to hear the whole new album. Play the hits that people want to hear. Get over your EGO and realize your music will never be like it was. The new stuff was OK, but c'mon guys give us value for our Money. I love Rush and left disappointed. I have noticed over the last 10 years that they are doing this more and more. Please dudes, respect and play the songs the paying fans want and expect, especially at the prices you demand for tickets. For the record...The first show I have EVER gone to and find a regular concert t-shirt for fifty bucks. Yes, fifty bucks! Enough said!
    Favorite moment: Opening song, subdivisions
    Setlist: Pretty crappy
    Opening act(s): None
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line