Thread: The Corrugation - Between Hope and Fear (2012 Debut Album)

The Corrugation - Between Hope and Fear (2012 Debut Album)

Hey everyone,

After three-plus years and more subplots than an ABC Sunday Night Movie, The Corrugation's debut album 'Between Hope and Fear' is set to launch, and will be released next Tuesday, October 2nd on CD and digital download (multiple formats). BHAF has been a labor of love for me, and it took two years of songwriting, plus the past 12 months to record the whole thing. If you haven't listened to the single "The Darkest Place" yet (posted on another thread), please check it out; this album might pique your interest. The music is influenced by '80s alternative, post-punk, new wave, goth, 'underground', indie, along with some more modern music. The bands that influenced me include New Order, The Cure, Peter Murphy, Simple Minds, Comsat Angels, The Sound, The Chameleons, Editors, early Interpol, some She Wants Revenge, IKON, Dead Can Dance, Joy Division, Depeche Mode.. oh, and there's a nod to The Fixx in one of the songs :P

I'm currently running a pre-sale until Friday night at midnight, and anyone who takes advantage of the pre-sale for the CD will get 20% off with discount code B41002. This will get you the CD plus an instant digital download of the album. The CDs are gonna be nice and professional, housed in a clear jewel case that is shrink wrapped and even has that annoying retail sticker you have to peel off the top (I hate them, too, but they are necessary for stocking in the local music shops). If you unsure about what you're buying, the album will be fully streamable next Tuesday, 10/02, so if a pre-sale doesn't convince you, maybe the streams will!

http://thecorrugation.com/album/between-hope-and-fear

Name:  BHAF.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  194.2 KB

Cheers, and maybe we can chat about the album next week upon its release. I'm happy to be releasing an album the same year as The Fixx..zat is tres cool

Any Fixxtures who haven't obtained BHAF yet would do well to place an order.

New Order?....

I can truly say these eight tracks left me wanting more. A sure sign that you have something worth having. The album is smooth and consistent throughout. Proud to have this in my collection. The tunes range from lush to enchanting to symphonic. Of the artists that 1002 credits above, I get the strongest vibe from Depeche Mode. Jim is unquestionably an accomplished music scholar, and meshes these influences nicely. After DM, I suppose Comsat Angels comes to mind while listening to this CD.

My fave so far is Track #2---Diversion, which features a magnificent sizzling riff. About a minute or so into the song, and repeated as it continues on. It blisters its way into your memory.

BHAF challenges you to think. And best of all: the lyrics are CLEAN.

Not patting 1002 on the back just because he's a good buddy. Which he is.
    But yours truly can be very exacting when it comes to breaking down Footwear Technology.
    I'm the same way when auditioning new music.

So. Anybody else take a listen?
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

I encourage all Fixxtures to take a listen to Between Hope and Fear.

This has been a labor of love for Jim for the past 3 years. I was proud and honored to be a witness to its many changes from the beginning in 2009 to its final production, this September 2012. You may think that I am bias in my opinion, but even if I did not know 1002 personally, I would still love this Cd for all that it offers.

I agree with Shoeman… musically there is a strong Depeche Mode/ New Order influence as well as many other new wave, industrial bands…including the Fixx.

Jim is a self taught musician and songwriter. To hear this CD and how professional the final production is…. you would think that he had years of training …and I can only tell you from experience how absolutely amazing this was to watch someone accomplish what he was truly born to do.

Jim wrote all lyrics and played all instruments as well as mixed (also self taught, with lifelong friend Jim Yielding) the CD. It is as good as anything I have heard recently.

Lyrically, it is brilliant….again…I am not just being bias.

Jim is right up there with my favorite lyricist/poets. Jim is able to pull you in emotionally and makes you part of the story he is trying to convey… You feel it… you know that he has lived it… you have lived it… we all have been there with that crazy emotion called love….BHAF crosses the pain of losing someone that you loved with all your heart, to the anger of betrayal and mistrust, to the fear of taking the risk of opening your heart to someone you could possibly loose in the end.. to being open to hope ...that after all the pain and healing… you can “begin again”....you will believe that hope(love) is greater than fear.....I have often said to him, that BHAF covers the 5 stages of grief.

Diversion and Cold Silence are among my top fav’s on the Cd…but Consumed and When Dreams Die will always have a very special place in my heart personally.

So, my fellow Fixxtures…lets support our friend…and a life long dream that has finally come to fruition and reality… take a listen… It will be 45 minutes well spent.

Jim… I offer you my congratulations on a job well done…I thank you for letting me be a part of this miracle....it was a pleasure and inspiring to see your dreams turn into reality …and I send you all the wishes in my heart for much success for BHAF.
    Last edited by Jeanne Thelen; 10-11-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks so much for the positive feedback, John and Jeanne, your reviews are great, and I really appreciate your support for my music, it means a lot.

I've been meaning to come back here and let everyone know that the album is now widely available online, via several websites. Here are a just a few of them:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/be...ar/id566522866

http://www.amazon.com/Between-Hope-a.../dp/B009NTKP90

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thecorrugation

http://www.emusic.com/listen/#/album...fear/13627939/

Thanks so much for the positive feedback, John and Jeanne, your reviews are great, and I really appreciate your support for my music, it means a lot.

You are entirely welcome..

Been enjoying the CD a lot... it sounds amazing in my car.
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Sorry to have overlooked this for so long. I'm going to pick up a copy of the CD via Amazon.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Wow, lots of great info in there. Thanks for taking your time to do that.
    You can join us for best 642-732 free brain dumps dumps exam & ECCOUNCIL training solutions.