Thread: The Fixx in France

The Fixx in France

Hi,

My name is Franck. Before beginning, let me apologize if I make mistakes but I'm French and, as you know, the French are not known to speak foreign languages ​​correctly! I will try to do my best (and Google traduction will help me!).
    I have recently joined your community, but I'm a great fan of The Fixx since 1984 and the discovered of the wonderful "Phantoms" album (and my passion is intact after all this time ...).

As The Fixx has never been successful in France and unfortunately remains completly unknown here, and as we cannot find any information in french about the band on the Web (except the Wikipedia french page that I've already created), I recently built a french Website devoted to The Fixx.
    You can visit it at this adress : http://thefixx.wix.com/the-fixx

If you know french people which can be interested in the activity of the band, just let them know the existence of this Website.
    I hope you'll enjoy it. You will also discover some of the fantastic pics taken and sent by Heimo after the recent German "Beautiful Friction" tour (thank you again Heimo!)

Have a nice day and long live to The Fixx!

Franck

Welcome Franck!! Your website looks excellent!
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkie UK View Post
    Welcome Franck!! Your website looks excellent!
    Thank you Wilkie, but I'm afraid it won't interest a lot of people in my country! No matter, if it can help even only one new person to listen to The Fixx, it won't have been made in vain!

Hi Franck, I just looked at your website--fantastic!
    Thanks for your hard work there, and I hope we can all help pass it along to generate interest.
    Best, Gretchen

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    Hi Franck, I just looked at your website--fantastic!
    Thanks for your hard work there, and I hope we can all help pass it along to generate interest.
    Best, Gretchen
    Thank you Gretchen!
    My last contribution to generate interest about the Fixx is this :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE3cp...eature=mh_lolz
    Hope you'll like it!

Franck

Excellent! You made the video? Where are the road/driving scenes filmed?

I wondered if you are on facebook? It would be a great way to publicize your website by putting it on the Fixx and Cy's pages. If you're not, please let me know-I could post it for you.

Hello Gretchen,

Yes, I made this video using a short film (less than 1 mn) I turned during a German show in Augsburg. Then I mixed the images with the music taken from the CD. But as I had not enough images, I also keep images from a video on YouTube (live at Bing Lounge), even if I don't know if this is really legal. If someone asks me to remove it, I will.
    And last, I add images from a video I made, driving a car on a french beautiful road called "Route des crêtes" which is near the Méditerrannée. You may learn more about this place by seeing this TV report :
    http://videos.tf1.fr/jt-13h/entre-la...s-5903876.html

Anyway, from my point of view, the result still remains the work of an amateur, and for this reason, do not look very professional.
    But it's still better than nothing ...

And, to answer your question, yes, I'm on Facebook, but I didn't shared this video on the Fixx page. You can do it if you want!

Thank you for your feedback.

Franck

Quote Originally Posted by TheFixxFrance View Post
    Thank you Gretchen!
    My last contribution to generate interest about the Fixx is this :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE3cp...eature=mh_lolz
    Hope you'll like it!

Franck
    great video! well done franck!
    can't let go
    won't let go

The video looks great to me; beyond amateur!. I like the combination of images you used with the live footage. No idea on the legal use of the Bing Lounge video, but I don't see why anyone would object . . .
    You should definitely post your site on some of the facebook pages (it would make more sense than me doing it!). I know for sure there are several French Fixx fans that would appreciate seeing it, along with people like myself who simply enjoy the quality effort. It's really a great promotional site that would help the band, and I imagine fans would also help to spread it around . . . just my opinion

Gretchen, don't you ever sleep?
    If my calculations are correct, it is the middle of the night in the United States!

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    You should definitely post your site on some of the facebook pages (it would make more sense than me doing it!).
    Okay, I've just done it. Thank you for the advice!

well done and i agreed Excellent! You made the video? Where are the road/driving scenes filmed?
    michel123

This is a great post, usually i don’t post comments on blogs but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by michel123 View Post
    well done and i agreed Excellent! You made the video? Where are the road/driving scenes filmed?
    Yes Michel123, I made this film. The road/driving scenes are filmed on a road called "la route des crêtes" near Cassis, in the south of France, along the Mediterranean Sea.