Thread: the fixx - can't let go, won't let goi!

the fixx - can't let go, won't let goi!

dear all,

my name is thomas and i live in frankfurt germany. i first saw the fixx back in 1983 when i visited my uncle in hamburg, and decided to attend an a flock of seagull festival gig. the fixx, who were totally unknown to me back then, opened and get me fixxed straight away, thanks to songs like red skies at night and stand or fall!

i then saw them again, it must have been 1983 or 1984 at their own headlining show in frankfurt at the club batschkapp. and then - i had a dry spell and needed to wait solid 18 years till last month, when they played at the bett in frankfurt. it was about time ;-)

they still have not lost their magic to me, and i love the new album which have a few songs which are along the best tunes they ever recorded, such as the brillant f**** BRILLANT "take a risk"!

that's about it. but one more little story before i have to go: i have some relatives in the states who could be considered fixxtures too, and back in the eighties (we talking about no internet, right) they heard that the fixx were playing at a small venue near their town in upstate new york. they got pretty excited and showed up at the club, wondering why they were only a few dozens of people there instead of hundreds. so they asked the guy at the ticket booth: "the fixx are playing here tonight, is that right?" and he nodded. so they got their ticket and got into the place.

then some random band enters the stage, and my cousin and her husband got really confused. what the heck is going on in here...turns out, that the band in this club were not the fixx, but "the figgs" who, i guessed this is save to say, did not want to milk the name of our beloved british band, but just got involved in this missunderstanding!

so, see you soon at a the fixx show soon - thomas!
    can't let go
    won't let go

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamies witness View Post
    they still have not lost their magic to me, and i love the new album
    Hi Thomas, well said!
    Welcome to the board. Glad you got to see them again after so many years!
    There is at least one other lesser known band somewhere in the US with the same name The Fixx. However, you said it~ there is only one brand of true Fixx magic. ~ Cary

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Hi Thomas,

Welcome on the board. I went to Germany last october to see The Fixx in Augsburg and it was really great too!

Franck

hello cary, bonjour franck,

thanks to you for welcoming me! i just knew that nice people will be hanging out at the fixx community...

that whole the fixx / the figgs -story is still a running gag between my cousin and me. and: her husband tim looks EXACTLY like rubert! and she had a crush on cy back in the eigthies. her husband didn't mind, he was too busy with his crush on debbie harry ;-)

see ya, a tout a l'heure - thomas
    can't let go
    won't let go

sign post

I am playing my Walkabout cassette over and over and Stage 1 prepping myself for the show.