Thread: Housecleaning suggestions

Housecleaning suggestions

Putting this in The Flow to help generate conversation about where we see some housecleaning we Fixxtures could participate in. My first suggestion: although myspace.com is considered the lesser social site now, I highly recommend those Fixxtures with myspace accounts login to The Fixx's official myspace page and post something so we "scroll off" the self-serving marketing posts like the awful one pasted all over the page from 3 years ago by "Bedazzled."

http://www.myspace.com/thefixx

I never did myspace, but I will give the site this plug - the audio quality is great for the linked songs.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beached Male View Post
    considered the lesser social site now, I highly recommend those Fixxtures with myspace accounts login to The Fixx's official myspace page and post something so we "scroll off" the self-serving marketing posts like the awful one pasted all over the page from 3 years ago by "Bedazzled."

http://www.myspace.com/thefixx

I never did myspace, but I will give the site this plug - the audio quality is great for the linked songs.
    BM
    Myspace has definitely died a slow death. And the stupid-sparkly-bedazzeled- unicorn and rainbow posts (by grown women) all over it just made it worse. It's a shame b/c I loved the music features. I can't say what the latest/greatest is for social sites b/c I don't use much of them beyond Facebook, but it looks to me like Myspace is all but abandoned. I would like to see more upkeep on Youtube if there's an official page or not, is hard to tell. As long as something is posted regularly on the FB official page, that's good, too. again, a shame for Myspace to have gone so dry.

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Cary,
    The "Vevo" pages at YouTube are where the licensed versions of songs are supposedly held (as I understand it, maybe official folks know more about the legal details).

The Fixx's Vevo page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFixxVEVO

However, note that at the homepage there is not a bio/description of the band, so yes we do need some leverage and help there.

As for myspace - I'm just suggesting that some random comments get posted at The Fixx's page just so we scroll off that blinky/obnoxious stuff hanging around just for someone else's marketing ploy. Uknown how long myspace will last, but I'm just suggesting we clean up while it lives on.

Edit: someone "official" must have been listening - the myspace page is cleaned up a bit now, no 3rd party comments soliciting anymore...
    Last edited by Beached Male; 06-08-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    I've been lurking...

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    word. I don't think the Vevo page is officially linked to the band now either. I know what you mean re: cleaning up on Myspace. Maybe there are a few ppl with accounts that will do that.

I'm sure all that comment-spam could be cleaned up/deleted by a YT page admin, too.

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Thanks for sharing.

nice

Putting this in The Flow to help generate conversation about where we see some housecleaning we Fixxtures could participate in. My first suggestion: although myspace.com is considered the lesser social site now, I highly recommend those Fixxtures with myspace accounts login to The Fixx's official myspace page and post something so we "scroll off" the self-serving marketing posts like the awful one pasted all over the page from 3 years ago by "Bedazzled."

Quote Originally Posted by Malia98653 View Post
    Thanks for sharing.