Thread: New XBox Music / Win 8

New XBox Music / Win 8

Anyone else tried the new Windows 8 music App yet? If you're running default Win 8 main screen, it is on that page (the red one w/headphones). It's tied to Xbox and you can login with Xbox/Windows account and then listen for free. Not intending to advertise for them but rather ensure you know - there is a "Smart DJ" option where you can plugin the name of the artist you want to hear and get music similar to that group. It is interesting to hear what groups/songs are lumped in with "The Fixx" so give it a try.

Why post this in "The Flow" for us? Well, The Fixx can't hurt from the more of us that plug in their name as the band we most want to hear. Once the Smart DJ is playing - you get free streaming (with login) and a once every few song brief ad.

Also, for "official" folks - check The Fixx's bio listed there, not sure it is totally accurate(?).
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Update: After the Windows 8.1 upgrade came about, I also upgraded the normal "Music" app and went back inside that Music App and used the "Radio" function to once again try this out. You can still enter a band's name and then hear them and other similar bands' music in a free streaming format, with a 15 second commercial slipped in every few songs. There are songs from throughout many albums by The Fixx in the rotation, not just the singles.

I often skip the songs by the so-called "similar" bands, as some are just unbearable to listen to and did not age well. However, I see this as a positive, as I know that if other listeners of these "similar" bands are doing the same thing, they're getting treated to random music by The Fixx along the way. Unfortunately, there is a band called "Fixx" that gets mixed in once in a while (electronic music, unrelated to The Fixx) and I am trying to find a "contact us" to update MS' music app manager about that (unless management knows a better way to fix it, pun intended).

The similar bands have included (in no special order) Simple Minds, Depeche Mode, Adam Ant, Adam and the Ants, Howard Jones, Ultravox, Tears for Fears, Duran Duran, When in Rome, Aha, Kajagoogoo, Thompson Twins, Thomas Dolby, Bronski Beat, A Flock of Seagulls, When in Rome, Tubeway Army (?), Romeo Void, Wang Chung, The Human League, Berlin, Buggles (and I am certain more but those are all in the recent queue).
    BM
    I've been lurking...

There is a bit of a gem held at the Xbox Music/Win 8 Music App.
    If you search for everything from The Fixx, you will see "Shaman (Radio Edit)" -- which I didn't realize there was such.
    Shaman went radio??
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Iíve been researching this topic for a few hours and found this post pretty helpful. Thanks for compiling the info in one spot.
    Our Actual Exams and Testking sample phr questions gre exam provide Testking togaf online training you 100% pass guarantee. You can get access to and exams. Our Pittsburg State University is also very useful tool.