Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixxsongs

Fixxsongs

What are your favourite FIXX songs to hear live?
    Start thinking about it.
    We want to hear from you this summer!!!
    More soon.

songs I'd like to hear

Quote Originally Posted by FIXX OFFICIAL View Post
    Start thinking about it.
    More soon.
    Two Different Views
    Freeman
    World Weary

The following are actually songs I've not heard live yet, but would love to: I Live, Opinions, In Suspense, Read Between The Lines, Do What You Can, Shred of Evidence, World Weary, Cause To Be Alarmed, Crucified, Still Around, All The Best Things, Ocean Blue, You Don't Have To Prove Yourself, All About You, Ships Are Safe In Harbor, Something Ahead Of You, Girl With No Ceiling, Time In A Glass, and last, and MOST, VENTURE OUT!!! Love love love that song!

I've heard that Treasure It, The Flow, Subterranean, Precious Stone, and Gypsy Feet have made appearances in the setlist since I last saw the band, so if any of these survive until a show I can get to this summer, I'd be stoked for those, too.
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

My Song Picks for Summer of 2014

I wonder if they even look at our posts on this web site. They really should if they don't.
    First off they can do whatever songs they want to play. I love them all.
    I would suggest they do at least 1 song from each of there CDs and or albums. That would please all fans.

I really would like to see them first do the songs from Beautiful Friction they did not do from previous shows.

Something Ahead of You (Love that song).
    Second Time Around
    Girl with No Ceiling
    Small Thoughts

Thanks
    Stan

Lost in Battle Overseas!
    While I have not heard it live, I have seen a live performance of the song online (now taken down) and it sounded phenomenal. I do understand the reasons why the band would be hesitant to play it; perhaps at some point...
    Still online, however, is a live version of "I'm Life" and that would be awesome to hear. I understand it made a few rounds lately.
    Follow that Cab (like I'm Life, the band added it to setlists shortly after their last visit to Vegas; still hope to hear both live at some point).

Now, as for my personal favorites that I have heard live, that is difficult to choose from. For the sake of argument though, here goes (in no particular order):

Is That It? - not played much, if at all, after the Elememtal tour; it was one of the highlights of it, for me.
    Red Skies - May not have charted much, but damn if the entire crowd doesn't sing along every time, making it a favorite to hear.
    Fatal Shore - Live, the band improves upon an already great recorded song.
    The Fool - So stoked when I first heard it live. They nailed it.
    Driven Out - This song speaks to people in so many ways. Crowds get pumped when they start playing it.
    Taking the Day Off - Definitely a fave to hear live; it never made it to album. Heard it at GVR some years ago, where it got a great response. Maybe they'll revisit this catchy rocker someday...
    Are you Satisfied? - Just incredible.
    Shaman - It was in Vegas they first played it live, IIRC. It was amazing to hear.

Here's hoping at least one of the above makes it when they visit next!
    "this one sign of the cross"

The Fool - its just a great song live.

How Much is Enough? - my second favorite live track

"Lighthouse"

Last heard it in 2003. Would like to hear it again. Others would too, I'd bet.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Happy Landings and More

I would give anything to hear "Happy Landings" in concert. Many years ago in Hobart, IN I saw the band, but they didn't play that song. As a consolation, I was thrilled to have met them after the concert at the "Meet and Greet," and to have Cy sign the lyrics to that song on my CD liner notes.

Other songs that I would be thrilled to see in concert would be...The Strain, Opinions, and Precious Stone. I'm glad to hear that they've recently been playing "Precious Stone." Over the years, "Precious Stone" has become one of my favorites.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by LoseFace View Post
    I wonder if they even look at our posts on this web site. They really should if they don't.
    First off they can do whatever songs they want to play. I love them all.
    I would suggest they do at least 1 song from each of there CDs and or albums. That would please all fans.

I really would like to see them first do the songs from Beautiful Friction they did not do from previous shows.

Something Ahead of You (Love that song).
    Second Time Around
    Girl with No Ceiling
    Small Thoughts

Thanks
    Stan
    Hi Stan,

They do.... :-) Thanks for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by mctalg View Post
    I would give anything to hear "Happy Landings" in concert. Many years ago in Hobart, IN I saw the band, but they didn't play that song. As a consolation, I was thrilled to have met them after the concert at the "Meet and Greet," and to have Cy sign the lyrics to that song on my CD liner notes.

Other songs that I would be thrilled to see in concert would be...The Strain, Opinions, and Precious Stone. I'm glad to hear that they've recently been playing "Precious Stone." Over the years, "Precious Stone" has become one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1BDgWcu0cw

Quote Originally Posted by FIXX OFFICIAL View Post
    Start thinking about it.
    More soon.
    Oh, look. I've got two cents…

Red Skies & Stand or Fall for sure. Lost Planes would be great again.
    One Thing & Saved obviously. Sign of Fire has been missing for decades.
    Are We Ourselves and Question. Question is a great song that even a casual fan that hadn't heard it will stick in their mind. They'll long to hear it again and again.
    Secret and Can't Finish (now that Dan's back).
    Don't Be Scared After all, it did get radio play. Great tune.
    I'm Life, Driven Out and definitely keep Gypsy Feet in there a while longer.
    How Much, Crucified, & Yesterday
    Happy Landings & Freeman. And while crafted to perfection in the studio and probably far to complicated for the live stage Modern World and Mayfly would be bloody KILLER!
    Is That It?
    Touch & Prove
    Dawn, Friction, Shaman, & Girl With No Ceiling

As far as obscure gems goes… Sinking Island, All About You, & Lighthouse

My Choice for 2014 Set List

Hi Stan,

They do.... :-) Thanks for your response.

Thank you Fixx Official

Here are some of my favorite songs. Must omit I Love All their songs but here are my repeat plays.

Some People (When I first saw them perform this when they opened for Supertramp it blew me away and I was hooked on this band)
    Running (Always loved this song but never heard them do this live)
    Going Overboard (Love Dan's playing on this song what a great hook)
    Lose Face (Since this is my login and a favorite)
    Walkabout (I saw them do this when they opened for the Moody Blues. I repeated this song over and over again great lyrics)
    Rules and Schemes (Makes me want to dance like I did at The Ritz in NYC when they performed it)
    Venture Out (Never saw them do this one live but highly enjoy this song)
    Shred of Evidence (Love this song but never heard it live. I missed this tour of Calm Animals bummer)
    No One Has to Cry (Never saw them do this song again I missed the Ink tour but one of my favorites great lyrics once again)
    Two Different Views (Also missed this tour but love this song)
    Want That Life (I saw this tour and loved hearing them perform this live great song)
    Something Ahead of You (Please do this song I feel the band fully shines on this song how progressive they are)

Just want the band to know that all of us die hard fans. Love when they play the deep cuts in their catalog.
    I also understand they need to play the hits as well. Which I also enjoy hearing.

May the band have much success with this tour and all be safe and well. Looking forward to seeing them on the east coast.

Stan

The Strain
    I Live
    Girl With No Ceiling
    Small Thoughts

All I can say is that you really can't go wrong with most any of their songs...but, here are some I'd love to see live:

Two Different Views
    You Know Me
    Woman On A Train
    Sunshine In The Shade
    Walkabout
    Camphor
    Lost Planes
    Cameras In Paris
    Sense of Adventure
    Second Time Around
    Something Ahead Of You

Of course...there are several others that they are currently playing that I would still throw on the set list....Fatal Shore, The Fool, Less Cities More Moving People, Built For The Future, Are We Ourselves, Deeper And Deeper, Red Skies, Saved By Zero, Stand Or Fall, One Thing Leads To Another....and more
    Last edited by drumusic; 05-31-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Is it too greedy to ask for 20 songs in the set? :)

Happy Landings
    Lighthouse
    Beautiful Friction/Ocean Blue
    What God
    Lost Planes

I think Steve may have mentioned in a post when the album first came out that the song Beautiful Friction had an Ocean Blue feel to it. I agree. Both are great songs! I would love to hear the songs played back-to-back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast