Facing the Wind
    Camphor
    Treasure It
    One Look Up
    Chase the Fire
    Yesterday Today
    Precious Stone
    Touch

A little bird (i.e. press release) told me that the Fixx is planning an all request concert in October. So perhaps you're feeling us out for songs to work on? We hope you'll do more such concerts.

http://articles.mcall.com/2014-05-29...es-dave-davies
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Smile I Will Be At The New Jersey Show on August 5th

I Love the Beautiful Friction CD so here are my picks for the set list

1.) Something Ahead of You (Please, Please do this song) I think this song will go over very well with the audience.
    2.) Girl With No Ceiling
    3.) Small Thoughts (I think this song is a perfect ending song for the summer)
    4.) Second Time Around

I also Love the other songs from this CD but have heard them live last year when the band toured.

Always love when the band plays the deep cuts from there music catalog. Love all their songs so whatever they want to play is fine by me.

See you on August 5th

Thank you
    Stan

I agree. Rereading this thread I realized I'd be thrilled to hear pretty much every song mentioned. The older the better! Though I'd hate to not hear Shaman and Follow that Cab or BF again. Hope it's a long set if they come my way.

Quote Originally Posted by dejapete View Post
    A little bird (i.e. press release) told me that the Fixx is planning an all request concert in October. So perhaps you're feeling us out for songs to work on? We hope you'll do more such concerts.

http://articles.mcall.com/2014-05-29...es-dave-davies

Don't know anything about October.....but we ARE doing an entire all request tour this summer.
    www.thefixx.com

Marion, IL show

Every member of the band already knows my #1 request...Opinions! I've only heard it live twice and got chills both times. I would like to thank them for adding Camphor a while back. That was an unexpected treat. I also request all songs during which JWO has an extended solo. R U Satisfied, Still Around, No One Has to Cry, etc...etc...etc...

Quote Originally Posted by FIXX OFFICIAL View Post
    Don't know anything about October.....but we ARE doing an entire all request tour this summer.
    www.thefixx.com
    Apologies. I got you confused with the marching band.

Other shows announced were British new wave hitmakers The Fixx, playing a total request live show at 7:30 p.m. July 30, and theatrical whirlwind MarchForth Marching Band at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 9.

I hope you will come to the Twin Cities again.

"One Jungle" could be interesting live.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Song Requests

Looks like I'll be able to get to the Tupelo show on 8/1 in NH (although secretly wishing they'd play Tupelo in Vermont like last year - GREAT Show). I'm willing to make the extra drive for The Fixx.

So many songs I'd wish to hear live (that I haven't already heard in person). Here's the initial top 5, without trying to get greedy:

- BIG WALL
    - Sense the Adventure
    - Lost in Battle Overseas
    - Walkabout
    - Shred of Evidence

While I've heard all but the first two live via other outlets, I have not yet attended a concert where those songe were played. And, of course, I'd sacrifice them all for Big Wall.

To summarize, BIG WALL on August 1st, please.

-BIG WALL
    "I don't think that he should take The Strain"

I'm very happy to see the support for Venture Out - an absolutely cracking track that HAS to make the set imo.

Personal faves - Ships Are Safe In Harbour, Freeman, Cameras In Paris

And one for every fan - World Weary, such a strong track.
    The world will always turn, with or without your point of view...

Quote Originally Posted by RoboCoaster View Post
    Lost in Battle Overseas!
    While I have not heard it live, I have seen a live performance of the song online (now taken down) and it sounded phenomenal. I do understand the reasons why the band would be hesitant to play it; perhaps at some point...
    Still online, however, is a live version of "I'm Life" and that would be awesome to hear. I understand it made a few rounds lately.
    Follow that Cab (like I'm Life, the band added it to setlists shortly after their last visit to Vegas; still hope to hear both live at some point).

Now, as for my personal favorites that I have heard live, that is difficult to choose from. For the sake of argument though, here goes (in no particular order):

Is That It? - not played much, if at all, after the Elememtal tour; it was one of the highlights of it, for me.
    Red Skies - May not have charted much, but damn if the entire crowd doesn't sing along every time, making it a favorite to hear.
    Fatal Shore - Live, the band improves upon an already great recorded song.
    The Fool - So stoked when I first heard it live. They nailed it.
    Driven Out - This song speaks to people in so many ways. Crowds get pumped when they start playing it.
    Taking the Day Off - Definitely a fave to hear live; it never made it to album. Heard it at GVR some years ago, where it got a great response. Maybe they'll revisit this catchy rocker someday...
    Are you Satisfied? - Just incredible.
    Shaman - It was in Vegas they first played it live, IIRC. It was amazing to hear.

Here's hoping at least one of the above makes it when they visit next!
    How I forgot to add Life Goes On when I initially typed this out, I don't know. That song keeps getting stuck in my head a LOT, especially recently, and it's a keeper to begin with.

Nice to see another vote for Lost in Battle, I was beginning to think I was the only one who would request it, lol!
    "this one sign of the cross"

"Chase The Fire" was a spectacular song to start the concerts back in the 2005-6 period. I remember seeing the band in Kansas City and they performed an extended musical intro of this song that really set the tone for the concert. I hope they do this again - not just the song, but that extended intro.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Smile Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by FIXX OFFICIAL View Post
    What a treasure! Thanks for sharing the video of this performance.

Denver Show

Setlist requests for the upcoming Denver show (assuming the greatest hits are a given)

Lost Planes
    Woman On A Train
    One Look Up
    Chase The Fire
    Calm Animals
    Gypsy Feet
    Shut It Out
    Ocean Blue
    We Once Held Hands
    Are You Satisfied?
    Girl With No Ceiling
    Shaman

FIXXOFFICIAL, would you know if there are more dates forthcoming? If so, without saying 100%, would a Vegas date possibly be in the works? If not, I'll need to work on a way to travel to one of the announced concerts. Any info would be appreciated.
    "this one sign of the cross"

Nice to see all the song picks from BF

So far many great song choices.

Glad to see the songs picked from B.F.
    That says a lot about this last CD.
    Anyone Else

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast