Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fixxsongs

Quote Originally Posted by RoboCoaster View Post
    FIXXOFFICIAL, would you know if there are more dates forthcoming? If so, without saying 100%, would a Vegas date possibly be in the works? If not, I'll need to work on a way to travel to one of the announced concerts. Any info would be appreciated.
    All dates until the end of summer are posted.

Song List & Please Visit Floria Again Soon!

I'd love to hear "World Weary", "Climb the Hill" (please Adam!), "Make No Plans", "You Don't Have to Prove Yourself", "Shred of Evidence", "Opinions", "Girl with No Ceiling", "Deeper and Deeper" and "Rules and Schemes". I really hope you guys come back to central Florida (Orlando / Tampa area) this Fall. Thanks and keep rocking. L

Thumbs up Top Requested Songs That Were Picked By The Fans

Here is the list of the most requested songs picked from this web site by us fans. I hope we see them do most of these songs on this summer tour. Nice seeing high numbers for the new songs.

Girl With No Ceiling 6
    Something Ahead Of You 4
    Shaman 4
    Lost Planes 4
    Two Different Views 3
    Freeman 3
    World Weary 3
    Opinion 3
    Shred Of Evidence 3
    Ocean Blue 3
    Venture Out 3
    Precious Stone 3
    Gypsy Feet 3
    Small Thoughts 3
    Red Skies 3
    The Fool 3
    Are You Satisfied? 3
    Lighthouse 3
    Happy Landings 3
    Walkabout 3
    Camphor 3
    Chase The Fire 3

Maybe they can include these popular songs in the tour list as well.

One Thing Leads To Another
    How Much Is Enough?
    Are We Ourselves?

Let's see how close I come with this summer's set list. Some great picks from us fans.
    Last edited by LoseFace; 07-16-2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Wrong Poll Numbers

Marion, IL

I am going to the Marion show on Saturday and would love to hear:

Happy Landings
    Lighthouse
    Beautiful Friction
    Ocean Blue
    Follow That Cab
    What God
    Lost Planes
    Treasure It
    Facing The Wind

Quote Originally Posted by LoseFace View Post
    Here is the list of the most requested songs picked from this web site by us fans. I hope we see them do most of these songs on this summer tour. Nice seeing high numbers for the new songs.

Girl With No Ceiling 6
    Something Ahead Of You 4
    Shaman 4
    Lost Planes 4
    Two Different Views 3
    Freeman 3
    World Weary 3
    Opinion 3
    Shred Of Evidence 3
    Ocean Blue 3
    Venture Out 3
    Precious Stone 3
    Gypsy Feet 3
    Small Thoughts 3
    Red Skies 3
    The Fool 3
    Are You Satisfied? 3
    Lighthouse 3
    Happy Landings 3
    Walkabout 3
    Camphor 3
    Chase The Fire 3

Maybe they can include these popular songs in the tour list as well.

One Thing Leads To Another
    How Much Is Enough?
    Are We Ourselves?

Let's see how close I come with this summer's set list. Some great picks from us fans.

Regarding the high numbers for the new songs...I wonder if one is missing, i.e. Second Time Around. I saw at least three instances of that one in this thread alone. That's a favorite of mine from BF. I think the chord transitions (and I think I hear some melodic bass as well -which is a beautiful element) give this song emotional movement -and the words themselves are meaningful to a lot of people in their own way.

I read somewhere that the band will not play Second Time Around live. If this is true, I think that is unfortunate.

As a numbers/details guy, the flaw I noticed with the going "poll" of responses for song requests in this now concluded (?) event is that there was no way to give value to each voted song. Some folks listed 10 songs, others only one, so you can't end up with a valuation of the vote as result.
    When/if the band decides to do this again, my recommendation:

- Assign a 10 point system per person.
    - You can vote for 1-10 songs as result.
    - If you only vote for one song, it gets 10 points.
    - If you vote for 10 songs, they only get 1 point each.
    - Anything in between, it gets factored.

You would then have a way to better assign "value" to the total vote from all individual contributing people. This could even be macro'd into a website/forum if someone wanted a page set up to do such automatically (auto calculations for values). Not sure any band out there has done such before.

Regardless, I'm sure we're all glad that this band is still touring, and that they listen to their fan base more actively than most do.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Great Show

I went to the Jenks Club show at the Jersey shore. First time at this venue and I truly liked it.
    Great food and drink and The Fixx did an awesome show. The stage was facing the beach for the band.
    Really enjoyed this request tour. Liked having Cy read off the requested songs during the show.
    I think this is a great way to please all the loyal fans by playing their requests. Makes for a interesting show.
    The Fixx played over 30 of their songs during this tour. Great hearing some older classics.
    Loved hearing Chase The Fire, The Sign of Fire, Subterranean, Sunshine In The Shade and most all Girl With No Ceiling was one of my song requests.

My old friend that I have been trying to get to go to a Fixx show for the past 3 years loved it.
    He told me last weekend that he keeps singing One Thing Leads To Another all the time now.
    My niece and her boyfriend also loved the show. The song Beautiful Friction is a favorite song for my niece.
    Glad they did that song. Never get tired of that new CD of theirs.

Looking forward to more Fixx by Request tours. I hope in the distant future.

Thanks Again to The Fixx for another great show.
    Stan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123