Thread: What songs have the most good cover versions?

What songs have the most good cover versions?

A couple of songs that I like several cover versions of:

The Spinners - I'll Be Around (great covers by Hall & Oates, Joan Osborne, Richie Kotzen, and several others)

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time (Quietdrive, The Hooters, etc)

Any other suggestions?

Hi Dave

This one is pretty obvious. I have several versions of Jimi Hendrix' Little Wing the are pretty good.

Derek and the Dominos
    Sting with Gil Evans
    The Corrs
    Stevie Ray Vaughan
    Last edited by dejapete; 03-02-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: edited for spelling
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Well let's see...

Yesterday- Just too many covers of the Beatles classic to be listed, at one time it had been covered 2,200 times...at least some of them were good...including my favorite versions by The Dillards, PP Arnold, En Vogue, Marianne Faithfull & a ukulele version by Greg Hawkes from The Cars...

Without You- The Badfinger tune has been recorded by over 180 artists including versions by Harry Nilsson, Mariah Carey & Shirley Bassey...

Bad Company- I really like the Garth Brooks version of this along with Five Finger Death Punch...

"I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Thanks, guys! Some great options. Yesterday should have been obvious, but I didn't even think of it. I have heard several times it is the most-played song of all time.