Thread: tour

Cool tour

tupelo music hall new hamphire on sale paramount theatre peekskill on sale

Any chance the guys are taking requests again? I'm working on moving some stuff around to go to Tupelo in NH.
    "I don't think that he should take The Strain"

Just got a great Father's Day gift - - Tickets to see the guys at Tupelo in NH! Can't wait to see the setlists. Again, if requests are being taken, I have a few . . .

Any setlist from the opening show of the tour?

I heard this was the setlist from 7/27:

1. Privilege
    2. Red Skies
    3. How Much Is Enough?
    4. Driven Out
    5. Chase the Fire
    6. Are We Ourselves?
    7. Beautiful Friction
    8. Cause to Be Alarmed
    9. Shaman
    10. One Thing Leads to Another
    11. Something Ahead of You
    12. Stand or Fall
    13. Deeper and Deeper
    14. Saved by Zero

Encore:
    15. The Fool
    16. Secret Separation

Got tix to Tupelo in NH and, if the setlist stays consistent, very excited to hear "Cause to be Alarmed" live for the first time. If we're digging into Calm Animals, and want to comment on the current political climate, I would love to hear "Shred of Evidence", as well. The Fixx have so many songs that would be apropos at this juncture.

Something Ahead of You Yes This Tour

When I saw this song Something Ahead of You in the set list. I bought my ticket today to seat on a bar stool at the NYC winery August 5th. I will be in heaven with these 3 songs from Beautiful Friction. So looking forward to my fix.

Glad to see Chase the Fire in the list - have heard it live before, back when it was used as a long intro first song on the old FixxStixx tour shows that were recorded live (2006?). I always thought Chase the Fire could have been a great single if it had been released as one and supported by MCA. I haven't heard Dan's bass on that one live, as he wasn't playing back then, so I look forward to the future shows.
    I've been lurking...

Utah setlist appears to be the same, with the addition of Built for the Future in the main show. Up to 17 songs. Glad to see the band working their way up to 20 for the NH show!

Denver performance tonight is with The Romantics, so we may see a truncated setlist.

Nice Set List of Songs

This set list with Built For The Future thrown in. It only gets better with 3 Walkabout songs from my favorite album by this band. Haven't heard Privilege and Caused To Be Alarmed for some time. Very much looking forward to the NYC show this Saturday.

Cool

Looks like they retained Built for the Future in Utah, but removed The Fool, moving Shaman to the encore. OK boys, we need to ADD, not remove songs . . .

Less than one week until the NH show!!

Looks like they've settled in on the 17-song set list. Can't wait to see the guys at Tupelo tomorrow night! Big Wall officially requested!

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by LoseFace View Post
    This set list with Built For The Future thrown in. It only gets better with 3 Walkabout songs from my favorite album by this band. Haven't heard Privilege and Caused To Be Alarmed for some time. Very much looking forward to the NYC show this Saturday.

I enjoyed the set list as well, but just wish they could play longer. (Who doesn't?!) I can't help but thinking that I would have loved to heard something from "Want That Life". Such a solid album. Thing is, when I think about the songs I want to hear, I have a hard time picking a song I would have replaced. Too many good songs. They just need to start playing 3 hour shows!

The Fool

Quote Originally Posted by bigwall View Post
    Looks like they retained Built for the Future in Utah, but removed The Fool, moving Shaman to the encore. OK boys, we need to ADD, not remove songs . . .

Less than one week until the NH show!!
    Oh, The Fool was stellar live! Jamie getting freaky with the guitar effects, Rupert doing his magic, the play back and forth. A friend asked me after the show (who could not attend) what the best surprise songs for the night were. I said The Fool and Built for the Future. Although I have heard them do The Fool before, I really loved how they played it this tour.

Great time in NH! Standard setlist. The guys truly sounded great. Can't wait for the next time.