Thread: Who is excited about the Reach the Beach tour?

Hybrid View

Who is excited about the Reach the Beach tour?

Are you? Yeah. Me too.

For those who don't know, who live under a rock or whatever, the Fixx will be performing the entire Reach the Beach album in celebration of its 35th anniversary this summer

Luckily, I got my ticket. They sold very fast.

I wonder if there will be encore songs, perhaps "Going Overboard"?
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

I am also extremely excited. Got my tickets to NH on 9/1!
    "I don't think that he should take The Strain"

I Am A Fan of 35 Years

When I first saw The Fixx open the show for Supertramp. The Reach The Beach Album had just come out that year. After seeing The Fixx I was hooked into their music. I am hoping for a set list like this. I am hoping to see one of the 2 New Hope PA shows. I am very excited about this tour. I hope they do these Album Anniversary tours for the other albums they have in future tours.

Red Skies
    How Much is Enough?
    Driven Out
    Are We Ourselves

One Thing Leads to Another
    The Sign of Fire
    Running
    Saved By Zero
    Opinions
    Reach The Beach
    Changing
    Liner
    Privilege
    Outside
    Going Overboard (I am hoping this song is included in the set) Dan Brown sounds great on this song as well as the band.

Fatal Shore
    Deeper and Deeper
    Secret Separation

Quote Originally Posted by LoseFace View Post
    When I first saw The Fixx open the show for Supertramp. The Reach The Beach Album had just come out that year. After seeing The Fixx I was hooked into their music. I am hoping for a set list like this. I am hoping to see one of the 2 New Hope PA shows. I am very excited about this tour. I hope they do these Album Anniversary tours for the other albums they have in future tours.

Red Skies
    How Much is Enough?
    Driven Out
    Are We Ourselves

One Thing Leads to Another
    The Sign of Fire
    Running
    Saved By Zero
    Opinions
    Reach The Beach
    Changing
    Liner
    Privilege
    Outside
    Going Overboard (I am hoping this song is included in the set) Dan Brown sounds great on this song as well as the band.

Fatal Shore
    Deeper and Deeper
    Secret Separation
    That seems like a reasonable set list for this tour, although I suspect Stand or Fall would be on there, as well (perhaps in place of Fatal Shore).

Thumbs down looks like no Fixx shows for me this year

no Milwaukee/chi town shows!!
    gee-bee

Unhappy No Atlanta. Bummer

Very bummed that they aren't coming to Atlanta. There appears to be a coupe of days around the Nashville show, but I imagine they need a break. I have a gig to perform on the night they are in Nashville on Aug. 18. Everywhere else is an 8+ hour drive. Ugh. I so wish I could see this show in Atlanta. The last show here was great, but to see RTB in its entirety would be amazing. It was the first album I fell madly in love with. I even saw them tour with that album opening for The Police in Atlanta at The Omni. This would be ultimate nirvana. just...bummed....

Mr. C

Quote Originally Posted by dejapete View Post
    Are you? Yeah. Me too.

For those who don't know, who live under a rock or whatever, the Fixx will be performing the entire Reach the Beach album in celebration of its 35th anniversary this summer

Luckily, I got my ticket. They sold very fast.

I wonder if there will be encore songs, perhaps "Going Overboard"?

Setlist!!!

Looks like a setlist has been posted, and it's a beauty:

1. One Thing Leads to Another
    2. The Sign of Fire
    3. Running
    4. Saved by Zero
    5. Opinions
    6. Reach the Beach
    7. Changing
    8. Liner
    9. Privilege
    10. Outside
    11. Stand or Fall
    12. Less Cities, More Moving People
    13. Are We Ourselves?
    14. Chase the Fire
    15. Driven Out
    16. Something Ahead of You
    17. Shaman
    18. Deeper and Deeper
    19. Red Skies
    20. Built for the Future
    21. Secret Separation

Very interesting that they open by banging out RTB, and they do not play How Much Is Enough. Otherwise, seems like a great setlist.

Heck Yeah, I'm excited!!!

Sorry... I've wanted to respond for a long time but I couldn't remember my password to log on here. Luckily my home computer remembered it now that I'm at home for a moment. I saw the La Jolla (San Diego) show and it was beautiful. The view was great, and the band was great... first time I've seen them do a wardrobe change lol. It made sense though... Sadly through the first half, it was mostly people drinking and talking... you know... friend reunions... can't complain about those... but the not-so-hard-core fans left after Red Skies. Those who stayed were treated to much more love. It was very sweet! I'm hoping to sneak into the Coach House show tonight... waited too long to buy tickets because I wanted those who came with me to be able to SIT with me and by the time those who were coming decided if they were or were NOT coming and if they were or were not bringing their boyfriends, it was sold out; but I won't complain about that either. I'm so glad for the band that it sold out!!! I'd really like to film "Outside" because Dan plays simple but beautiful harmonics over it and I'd love if they'd re-record it that way but chances of that are slim. When they do wonderful live versions of songs, consider yourself blessed if you get to hear them once. Anyway, if I DO catch it, I'll post a link to it here. More later or maybe not... ttfn

Rhonda
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Revised setlist

Looks like the last few shows the band has reversed the order in which they play RTB (it is now end to beginning, culminating with OTLTA), with the second "set" and encore remaining the same. Can't wait for 9/1!

Smile Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnet View Post
    Sorry... I've wanted to respond for a long time but I couldn't remember my password to log on here. Luckily my home computer remembered it now that I'm at home for a moment. I saw the La Jolla (San Diego) show and it was beautiful. The view was great, and the band was great... first time I've seen them do a wardrobe change lol. It made sense though... Sadly through the first half, it was mostly people drinking and talking... you know... friend reunions... can't complain about those... but the not-so-hard-core fans left after Red Skies. Those who stayed were treated to much more love. It was very sweet! I'm hoping to sneak into the Coach House show tonight... waited too long to buy tickets because I wanted those who came with me to be able to SIT with me and by the time those who were coming decided if they were or were NOT coming and if they were or were not bringing their boyfriends, it was sold out; but I won't complain about that either. I'm so glad for the band that it sold out!!! I'd really like to film "Outside" because Dan plays simple but beautiful harmonics over it and I'd love if they'd re-record it that way but chances of that are slim. When they do wonderful live versions of songs, consider yourself blessed if you get to hear them once. Anyway, if I DO catch it, I'll post a link to it here. More later or maybe not... ttfn

Rhonda
    I didn't make it into the show but I did record "Chase the Fire" from outside the back door. Despite the freeway noise, it was awesome!!! Kudos to everybody who was inside and if you haven't bought tickets yet and they will be near you, BUY THEM NOW!!! This band has only gotten better over the years. Pretty impressive considering they were perfect to begin with!

I want to add that I thought the Tina nod at the end of Secret Separation was sweet. I only just found out this morning that her son, Craig, killed himself July 3. My heart goes out to Tina!
    Last edited by Cygnet; 07-25-2018 at 09:37 AM. Reason: I want to add something
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Looking Forward To My New Hope PA Show Tuesday

When I see the set list for the shows over 20 songs. This is a greatness seeing so many great gems.
    I am so excited even if they do not play Going Overboard. lol