Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixx Sound File Archive (Rare Recordings)

Fixx Sound File Archive (Rare Recordings)

After a lengthy absence, Sight N Sound.org is back on line with the Fixx Sound File Archive.
    http://www.sightnsound.org

Better visit while it still works. The web hosting company SUCKS and it could go down again at any moment. After my contract with them expires I'll be moving to a more reliable web hosting company.
    Thanks
    Steve

Well, that was humbling... 90% of the content was new to me; great resource, thank you much!

Thanks Steve! This is like hitting the "rare Fixx music lottery!" Any fan that doesn't check this out and burn these tracks is not a fan! No CD burner? Get one, it's worth it for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pariseau View Post
    After a lengthy absence, Sight N Sound.org is back on line with the Fixx Sound File Archive.
    http://www.sightnsound.org

Better visit while it still works. The web hosting company SUCKS and it could go down again at any moment. After my contract with them expires I'll be moving to a more reliable web hosting company.
    Thanks
    Steve
    This is FUNNY! I was gonna change web hosting companies 10 years ago? That change just occurred. I guess they pacified me for a while and I stuck with them. Eventually, I couldn't upload any new material due to log-on issues. Tech support was non-existent, no reply at all...so I stopped paying (two years ago). They finally figured it out though and the site went down about a month ago.

The old site was archaic and I want to update the quality of songs and interface but time escapes me. I don't even have any of the files on a computer any longer (they're tucked away on an inaccessable backup drive). Thanks to our genius administrator Jeff Dinkins who happened to have downloaded every bit of content at the old site, we now have working web site again.

Thanks Jeff

Lots of gems in there.
    Enjoy

Thank you, Steve!

"Easy" was totally new for me!

Hmm, I get a 400 error, "bad request" -- might be my work's firewall though...
    "Out there, there must be aliens
    Who donít believe in aliens
    Somewhere. Believe"
    -Cy Curnin, "We Might Find It" (The Returning Sun)

Server not found for me too. Is the address still the same, Steve and Jeff?
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by musegirl View Post
    Server not found for me too. Is the address still the same, Steve and Jeff?
    Steve did the DNS change yesterday, so it might still be propagating around the net. Try hitting reload a few times, and try both http://www.sightnsound.org and http://sightnsound.org

If in a couple days you still can't get to it, let me know.

Wow ! Nice rare collection.. so far i found 2 don't download.. built for the future 12" mix and how much is enough 12" dance mix...but still a good collection there ! Thanks

if you need a place to store it online, i can add it to my website if you wanted. I would zip em all up into one rar file so its easier to download though
    Last edited by tookarisk; 08-10-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tookarisk View Post
    so far i found 2 that don't download.. built for the future 12" mix and how much is enough 12" dance mix...
    Thanks for catching those! Turns out the problem was the quote in the file name. I've changed it - give it a try again, should work now.

thanks,

jeff

Awesome ! now i got em all downloaded ! now i gotta listen to em and make sure they work b4 burning em ! my offer is still open for a place for them to be stored >> i could just zip all these into one winrar file and host them as well if you wanted

All should be fine and stable now that it's under Steve's control again :-).

okay, just let me know if want to later on.. my site will be like many many years alive to come >> it is my love/hobby >>my site: http://unity3d.ca and yeah i would hide the zipped file from the website meaning you'd just download the zipped file with all the songs in it with no song list and page like you have there now ... but.... if im hosting or working on theFIXX's video game, then i would make a page and song list as you have there now

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    All should be fine and stable now that it's under Steve's control again :-).
    This is awesome!

Speaking of rare recordings and b-sides and bonus tracks, does anybody know where I can find the track "Never Mind What You Leave Behind"? I think that's the only one I'm missing.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    This is awesome!

Speaking of rare recordings and b-sides and bonus tracks, does anybody know where I can find the track "Never Mind What You Leave Behind"? I think that's the only one I'm missing.
    Isn't that on the Calm Animals re-issue? Or is it a different version?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast