Thread: The Fixx on the BBC?

Post The Fixx on the BBC?

A while ago on the email list someone asked if The Fixx ever appeared on the BBC. I can't remember if anyone ever confirmed whether such an event ever happened or not.

What I did find, though, was this surprise: a photo of boxes on the back of a Flowerpot Men album which was taken in the BBC concerts archive. Which leads one to believe that there may actually have once been a BBC broadcast of Fixx material.

I'm wondering if anyone has any more information on this -- perhaps even a band member, hint hint. (-:

Talking

I have the 1982 BBC Rock Hour concert on LP, and I received a tape copy of the 1984 BBC Rock Hour broadcast from Bruce Beaman...both shows appear on the live MP3 CD I put out last year. Track listing can be viewed at http://www.thomasoft.com/dboutin/fixxmp3

Thumbs up

Excellent! I knew an mp3 comp was happening, but I must admit that I wasn't paying much attention.

Question: I'm curious what mp3 encoder you used?

For most of the tracks, I used the DOS program L3ENC. It makes a better quality MP3 because it doesn't use as much compression as MPeg Layer-3, which I used for some of the tracks using WavStudio from my SoundBlaster software kit.

Cool

I remember The Fixx appearing on the BBC.
    I believe it was on a kids program called Swap Shop or some Saturday morning program.
    It was a bit of a shock at the time, all I can remember is that they played Saved by Zero. They might of even been playing in the studio, I say this because if it was a video it was very plain, white background, with the guys just standing around.

Best wishes to all.

Originally posted by jeff:

A while ago on the email list someone asked if The Fixx ever appeared on the BBC. I can't remember if anyone ever confirmed whether such an event ever happened or not.

What I did find, though, was this surprise: a photo of boxes on the back of a Flowerpot Men album which was taken in the BBC concerts archive. Which leads one to believe that there may actually have once been a BBC broadcast of Fixx material.

I'm wondering if anyone has any more information on this -- perhaps even a band member, hint hint. (-:

Smile

I remember seeing the Fixx on a music programme called The Old Grey Whistle Test sometime back in 1979/80. The band that were due to appear dropped out at the last minute and the Fixx were drafted in to play something from their debut LP. They performed Cameras in Paris and as a result, I bought the Shuttered Room LP in the days following and have been a fan ever since!! I do also remember seeing them on a Saturday morning kids show but can't remember if it was Swap Shop or something else.

So when are the Fixx next coming to the UK/Europe. Anyone know?

John P (UK but currently living in Budapest!)