Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Awaited MP3s

Talking Long Awaited MP3s

OK! DRUM ROLL PLEASE!! For all of you who have been eagerly awaiting, here it is, the link to some MP3s and a Video for the new album! I hope that all will enjoy them like I did!

http://www.thefixx.com

You will be able to hear the following:
    Long Way Home
    Prove
    Touch
    Want That Life
    No Hollywood Ending

plus the video for Touch!

Thank you!
    Tracy

WOO HOO!

The video for "Touch" is up as well!!, im downloading it as we speak!

congrats to Magical!, our new moderator!, alright Tracy!!

ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOLKS!
    Last edited by Octopulse; 08-11-2003 at 02:04 PM.
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

Thumbs up

As much as I can tell from hearing just clips of the tunes it appears the boys have mellowed out a bit on this one, this doesnt sound at all like a rehashing of any previous stuff, and to me thats a good thing, it shows the band is looking ahead and not behind.

Boys, I like what i heard today!

The video is well done too, hats off to Lee here. One thing that seems to have not changed over the years is the bands love for Mother Nature, and the inspiration that comes from being "Outside". Thats one of the many reasons why ive always liked the band so much, its easy to see at certain moments during the video that the boys still hold her dear.

Thanks once again!

Octo
    Last edited by Octopulse; 08-27-2002 at 02:14 PM.
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

I am absolutely in Love with these songs! Kinda like finda the shore after such a long swim (a four year swim) to be precise LoL The songs say so much, and are very atmospheric. It`s hard to pick a favorite here. Of course when i saw the winter release that kinda took the wind outtah my sails at first. Screw it lol I love these songs! LoL Thank you Lee, Magical and The guys! The wait was well worth it! Can`t wait till the release (as my endless babbling will attest) lol

David

!@#$ finding helps also, Sorry about the typos.

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK

brilliant brilliant brilliant

Love the new opening page on the site, the pics are brilliniant especially the clever sillouhette spelling FIXX. Love it.
    Video downloading as I type.....
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

I'm definately liking the effects on Cy's voice. Very Eiffel 65 and quite "today" sounding.

Thanks

Talking Thank you!

Thank you, Octo, & you are very welcomed! Aren't they all great songs!??? The pix on the front page are wonderful too! I also do not think that this update had anything to do w/any ONE person's moaning. They have told us several times that the site was going to be updated. I think of it as more of a coincidence then anything.

Thank you!
    Tracy

Re: Thank you!

Originally posted by magical
    They have told us several times that the site was going to be updated.
    Yeah, it was just a month ago today that Lee Chambers told us the site was being re-vamped. Those who find it a surprise that things have changed apparently don't read.

C'est La Vie

Steve

I also do not think that this update had anything to do w/any ONE person's moaning
    I can assure ya folks that Jeff didnt put this up to make trouble happy. A simple, polite, and respectful inquiry to Jeff about the update yesterday was all that it took to help move this along. End of story.
    Last edited by Octopulse; 08-27-2002 at 10:33 PM.

-- Heimo on red wine

The songs are fantastic... the video looks great although I can not get the sound to work for that....I am such a moron when it comes to that kind of stuff.
    I can hardly wait for the new CD to come out. I think the Fixx continue to grow and develop as a band. Thus I would not compare this to any previous album...for each album/cd has its own uniqueness.

thanx!

thanx for the scroll-intensive post there OCtO! (laughing!!!!)

Yeah the computer i viewed the video only had an old quicktime version on it. and the crappy pc i tried had NO movie viewer at all. But school has the T1 line so i could watch it fast.... have'nt had time to download it at home on my dinosaur 56k connection! so i too got to watch the silent version!

still, i'd love to see the boys on leno, letterman, conan, etc!
    hope mgmt. tries to get them some exposure and maybe some more new fans!

Since the release is still kinda far away... i'll settle for the Johnny cash dvd coming out in sept. recorded in MSGarden 1968... Now there's the man in his prime- and the largest crowd EVER assembled at MSG!

Even Cy knows JC is the real deal!

Letterman, Conan, etc.

Craig Kilbourne's "The Late Late Show" would also be a good show to perform on. Kilbourne regularly features performers many of us liked as teens in the 80s. He had Morrissey on this summer, for example. And I'm sure he expects to hear new music and not old stuff. His demographic includes Gen X-ers and Y-ers.

Originally posted by Dana
    ... the video looks great although I can not get the sound to work for that....
    Ok, so I had trouble downloading the video until now. Now that I have the video I am experiencing this same problem, no sound.

What was the Fixx (pun intended) for the no sound problem you had Dana?

I'm running the latest Quicktime (5) with XP.

LMK
    Steve

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau

I'm running the latest Quicktime (5) with XP.

LMK
    Steve
    I had the same problem with Quicktime(5), so I downloaded Quicktime v6 (Windows 2K) and now I get sound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast