Thread: Lyric meanings

Question Lyric meanings

Is there a site that explains the lyrics to all of the songs created by this band?

I've been a fan of The Fixx for years, but I can't figure out the meaning of most of their songs, most notably "Saved By Zero".

I have a few theories about the messages that The Fixx tried to convey through their music, but I'll wait until someone responds before sharing them.

Thanks.

Thumbs up check this out

You might want to check out this previous thread http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.ph...=saved+by+zero

It might give you some insight.Maybe??? It is opinions of fellow Fixxtures about the song.

Plus, welcome to the board!

Tracy

lyrics

I always thought the meaning of "Saved By Zero" was about the gamble of life. If you have nothing, you lose nothing.

Re: check this out

Originally posted by magical

Plus, welcome to the board!

Tracy
    Thanks!

Just like a piece of art in a museum, they dont spell out the meaning for you underneath the painting-

Each person must search and interpret the meaning individually- So everyone through their own life experiences, will interpret it differently with unique answers.

that's the beauty of it- there really are no right or wrong answers- just your own!

Sarcastically... I think their all about how... "we are all gonna die!-agh!" laughing!
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

That's just what I like about music, apart from itself. It changes meaning often. Whatever I'm thinking about, well, that's what the song is saying. Brilliant!

(there, I said it)
    Last edited by uberzot; 07-01-2006 at 01:57 PM.
    over bored

"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circum spice"
    I SO agree!!

Never really brought it to the front of my mind like that...but it really does work like that, doesn't it? Now that you've made me aware of it...

Well, at least with lyrics that actually have deeper meaning behind them than the typical 'I wanna hold your hand' type lyrics (which is NOT a knock of the Beatles, whom I LOVE!!).

Thanks for the insight, uberzot!

TatGirl
    Explain the cosmic forces to me.....

Originally posted by TatGirl
    I
    Well, at least with lyrics that actually have deeper meaning behind them than the typical 'I wanna hold your hand' type lyrics (which is NOT a knock of the Beatles, whom I LOVE!!).

1 reason the Fixx rock is that they don't sing dopey love songs and their lyrics make you think and are deep.

Even SECRET SEPARATION which is 1 of the few love songs wasn't written by Cy (was it?) and is kinda cool.