Thread: An open letter to the Fixx

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK

Question An open letter to the Fixx

An Open Letter to the Fixx

This letter is being sent on behalf of all your UK based fans, who are becoming disillusioned with the apparent lack of interest shown by the band towards their loyal UK fans.
    We fully acknowledge that the UK has never been a happy hunting ground for the band, but never the less there still exists a fairly large number of fans who have faithfully purchased each and every album, from new studio releases through to the constantly issued mid price releases that seem to appear on a regular basis.
    It is on this note that I wish to ask the band, through this forum, why there is such little consideration for their UK fans, the band are mainly UK based and I feel strongly that at the very least we should be treated to at one show each year, maybe an annual Xmas party!!! Are there any plans for a UK / European tour to coincide with the new album? Has a distribution deal been struck for the UK / Europe or will we again have to resort to ordering vastly overpriced ‘Imports’?
    The last thing I wish to do is attract hate mail over this letter, but I feel strongly that this needs to be addressed by both the band and their management, do Ron Rainey represent the band worldwide or is there UK management in place who can be approached directly, what happened to Geoff Jukes?
    This letter is in no way meant to slag off the band, quite the opposite in fact, I’ve been a devoted fan since the very early 80’s, the Fixx are my #1 musical influence, aside from my family, they are my life and sorry for the pun, but I ‘WANT THAT LIFE’…..
    This letter is therefore an open appeal to the band, I know they read the posts at this forum so a direct reply would be more than welcome, please can we have some input as to the future plans for the band here in the UK, are there any plans for a UK show to promote the new album, or even a thank you show specifically by ticketed invite for their long suffering and maybe too loyal UK fans, after my well publicized aborted trip to St. Louis, I for one cannot afford to plan another transatlantic trip with its associated expenses for quite some time, no matter how much of a dream it is, I have 3 children, one with Aspergers Syndrome, so the amount of planning that I have to do just to go out and buy a pair of shoes is enough, planning a transatlantic trip is a logistical nightmare.
    I’d like to throw this open to all Fixx fans, especially if you're UK based, your positive replies are more than welcome, c'mon let's have some figures, how many of us are there, how many more don't have access to the net and such luxuries as this forum, maybe I should start a petition in order that someone will sit up and take notice, any other fans care to add to this letter, please feel free, I think this may be the only way that we can achieve a common goal of bringing the Fixx back home for a treat for us long suffering UK fixxtures.

‘A hand is shaking from the rubble…. At least his spirit’s still alive’
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Thumbs up

Stuart,

It seems youve channelled recent frustrations into a cause of sorts. I respect that, and your respect for the forum, and for the boys, certainly shows here. I'm sure there are plenty of other members cross the pond who can relate to your feelings. Cya
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

WOW

Stuart,
    What a really nice thing for Rupert to personally respond to you concerning your deep disappontment(via Lighthouse). I know that it can't ease your situation but must make you feel good to know that they do care about you and took the time to respond to your plea for a European show. Someone from Hawaii bring Rupert a fattie and tell him that NY is still waiting too! We also are BEGGING for a show in Syracuse.

josamcha, yep, was real nice of Rupert to reply, at least it showed not just myself but everyone else that they do read the posts and do care enough to reply and explain, was amazing as I heard from Continental Airlines and ebookers that they were gonna refund my flight after all, within minutes of Rupert's letter arriving initially through the Lighthouse via Jeff Dinkins, just hoping now for a 'maybe' London show...take care

Maybe London, maybe the Kashmir Club?

Guess it's my time to come over then...

Keep me informed Stuart!

Hi!

Guido, let's travell together ;-)
    If The Fixx play in London I will be there, too.

Stay tuned and take care,
    Heimo

Kashmir Klub

This place is a superb venue, situated in Paddington, it's downstairs, a cellar type place but bigger. Benefits from a webcam so all shows are streamed live over the net, all you need is Real Player and a half decent connection, if anyone else can think of a suitable venue maybe Holland or Germany, please let's have them and pass them on to Rupert, we've got a fighting chance with this so the more people who respond and join in with this, the better our chances....

Originally posted by heimo
    Hi!

Guido, let's travell together ;-)
    If The Fixx play in London I will be there, too.

Stay tuned and take care,
    Heimo
    Sure! The more the better!