Thread: Concert Question

Question Concert Question

I am new to the board and have a concert question. Since I have never seen the fixx live I need some info. I am surprising my fiance with tickets to go see the fixx in Atlanta and since he is a very huge fan of the fixx I would love for him to have a chance to meet the guys. He works in the music business and I know alot of the acts he works with do meet and greets. So heres my question finally.....do the guys do meet and greets and if they do how can I get him a meet and greet pass. I already have a huge goody basket of fixx stuff for him that I am going to give him the day of the concert and that would make it complete. Thanks for the help everyone!!!

D'Lo

Actually, the band is known for coming out after their shows and meeting with fans, no passes needed. I suppose it all depends on the venue, but if it's a small club then there's a good chance they will come out after the show to meet the fans.
    "I will conquer
    Space around me"

Thanks for the reply and for everyone who emailed me too!! Sounds like we have a good chance at meeting them so I will continue to think positive thoughts.

Darla

"No Problems Only Solutions"

I saw the Fixx this summer for the first time in nearly 15 years. Besides an awesome show, the "meet and greet" afterwards was like drinking champagne at midnight. They don't always do the meet and greet, but if they do, go up and say hello. Some have said that they chicken out, and hang out from afar; only to regret it later. Don't be one of those folks! Bring along something to autograph too...they'll sign. My experience at their show, and after meeting them in person, reaffirmed for me my true love of their music, and backed up why I have been a devoted fan for going on 20 years. D'lo, welcome to the board. I am so excited for you, and the experience you will have at their show.

Take care,

Mike

I am a pretty open person so I will hang around and try to meet the guys afterwards. What better way to experience my first concert with them live right?? Started getting prepared, been watching my live in Daytona video nightly hehe

Darla

Thumbs up

Yeah. We saw them in Chattanooga, about 4 months ago. At
    a very small bar/club. And the tour bus was just right outside, so after the show we just stood back near the back of the bus and watched everyone talk to the guys, asking for autographes
    and taking some pictures. Even watched someone, no names,
    sign some girls panties...hehe. Well Cy was going back in the
    club for some reason and came out a few minutes later. One of
    us said there he is, and pointed, he saw us and just walked up to our little group and shook hands with everyone and stayed there
    and just talked and cut up some jokes with us for bout 10 mins.
    Then Lee Chambers walked up with his video camara and got some of us talking to Cy on tape. We're hoping that maybe, just
    maybe that it will make it on the DVD...
    It was the greatest... Your fiance must meet them. He'll never forget it...

We also hope to see them in atlanta again too.

Rich
    "Then someone showed me the root of all evil. When all the lights were out."

Thanks for story Rich. Sounds like you guys just might make it to the Woodland DVD,,, YAHOOOO!!! With him working in the music business and going out on the road with big acts he wont hesitate one bit to go up and say hello either. Good luck on making it to the concert in Atlanta. I am like a kid on christmas eve who can't sleep I am soooo excited hehehe

Darla

The t-shirts I saw last night looked nice, but the prices were a bit on the high side for me. I think the cheapest shirt was $20.

And The Fixx is one of the most fan-friendly bands I have ever met. I've met them twice now and both times they were just fantabulous! Jamie remembered me from last year & I hung out talking with Rupert for awhile. Adam was being a bit of a clown & Cy was charming as always.

I was at the show but alas did not meet the guys once again. We thought they were coming inside the club after the show and after waiting a while found out they had remained outside for pics, ... by the time we went out to join in they had retired for the night. Jamie did sign my t-shirt after we stood in the rain outside the bus for a while.

The club.... you mean Goldstar, right? Where the opener played again? I've been there before to see a couple local bands I'm friends with (last time was my birthday party back in August).

I've learned after a show at Jannus... go straight to the bus and hang around for awhile. 9 times out of 10 whoever's playing will come out to sign autographs & pose for pics.

Yes, that's the club we were in. That was fun too but I really wanted to do the meet and greet. Oh well...thanks for the tip