Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Want That Life

Angry Want that life

Hi...

now im registered too.

Maybe you talked very often about the release date of the new album..

Does anyone know something new about that???

Could someone tell me, how i can get the full mp3-version of touch?

thx for helping

Peter

Hi Pete, The only thing that is known is that the company that was to release WTL was bought and it will be ``will be released this winter and that All releases are delayed`` and yet when i last looked at the rainman records site, kid kriole and danny johnson cds were being released. So much for All releases, eh. I`m not a record executive so there may be more to to it than that. Wish there was more to tell ya here. this is all a rehash thats been said b4, if you`ve heard this all b4, i`m sorry. As for the Touch download. I have yet to see one. Welcome to the board, btw!
    David

Want That Life - SHIPPED!

Want That Life has SHIPPED!

Amazon.com just notified me yesterday 9-19-2003 that my 3 copies of Want That Life were shipped.

YAHOO!

I'm stoked dude!

WTH?! I just checked at Amazon, on my order and it says it`s ``still estimated for arrival on september 24th`` You`d think they`d ship em all at the same time! This bites. Steve, could you give us a small review on each song you get a chance?
    David

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    My order hasn't despatched yet, got it coming in with 2 day courier shipping though, costing a small packet but otherwise they give 10 - 18 days, sod that......ain't waiting any longer than I have to.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Perhaps my order has already shipped because I took the free shipping which takes 5-9 days.

I'll be buying another copy locally on Tuesday so I have it the day it was released.

You guys are amazing!

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!

Amazon shipped my copy to germany today! Cant wait to hear the new stuff. I am looking forward to read all your opinions about the new record.

i get tomorrow my one from Amazon/UPS :-)

The release of Want that life

Wow what a great CD... it was worth the wait! Thank you to the Fixx who are only getting better with age and experience.

Originally posted by STUART
    My order hasn't despatched yet, got it coming in with 2 day courier shipping though, costing a small packet but otherwise they give 10 - 18 days, sod that......ain't waiting any longer than I have to.
    Whhooowhhooool - yeah - UPS - that company are great....
    My copy has just been delivered, just getting the kettle on before I slice the wrapping....

WTL

well it's been playing solid for some hours, superb album with some great surprises, such as track 10 - Brave - thought I was hearing things when it started, such a pleasant surprise to hear a saxophone on a Fixx song, two tracks in particular stand out, have done though since I heard the snippets on the website, "No Hollywood Ending" and "Taking The Long way Home", strike me as being massive hits. WTL - Want That Life, nah, WTL = Wait To Listen, worth the wait

First Impressions

First off - I couldn't tear that wrapper and sealing label off fast enough. Haste made waste.

Artwork is quite an improvment over the Elemental package. Crafty how the inside notes have small snapshots top and bottom with the lyrics printed in the middle. Kinda looks like a filmstrip (Hollywood indeed).

Touch is a great opener (and concert starter) (with Gary and Jamie's riffs and all) and a good first single. I like how Martin panned Jamie's individual strums.

Prove is right of the bat my fave from the album. Killer memorable riff. Prove needs a shot at the Billboard charts. Pretty picking on the fade.

Are You Satisfied is an intellectual mellow tune. The awesome heartfelt acoustic guitar solo is a nice surprise.

Want That Life reinstates the "don't stack what you find" concept. It's got this killer groove that makes you want to move. This same groove can also be heard in one of my all time Fixx faves - the original Going Without .

We Don't Own The World is easily top 3 for me from this album. A nice change in style for the Fixx.

Hollywood is a mellow erie tune.

Straight 'Round The Bend is another top 3 fave from this album. Jamie and Rupert alternate to provide the main riff. Jamie switches between power drive riff and sassy jazz tone for the verses. Gosh, there's even some acoustic in there too. Love the ending!

Roger and Out has an erie tone accented by Rupert's craft. Martin makes it more erie by panning Jamie as though there were an echo from the past.

Don't miss Gary's killer fill at the end of Taking The Long Way Home

Hooray for the SAX on Brave! Loved the sax in Don't Be Scared and love it here too.

Overall, Martin did an outstanding job of recording and mixing this album. The sound and clarity exceeded my expectations.

Want That Life will easily stand with Phantoms and Reach The Beach. Some of the best work the Fixx has graced us with. It IS that good!

H0 H0 H0 > U sO cool !!!!!!!!! thank you thank you thanmk you thank you thank you ,,,, that was so cool ah'v you tah do that I sOOooooooooooOooooooo app. it .....
    MANY MUCH THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    `ezz like knowing Mr. krinckle or jingle or what ever that fat guys name is with all the goods I have tah wait ah long time tah have ah copy .
    I called Times 0ut !

I'm with Steve . . . You Don't Have to Prove Yourself is my favorite song after the first few listens. I really think this song could go somewhere if given proper exposure.

Are You Satisfied is a gorgeous song, and I have a feeling it will be one of my faves over the long haul.

I still love Touch, even after listening to it zillions of times on the website. And how could you not like a song that mentions The Optimist by name?

Roger and Out is reminiscent of RTB. Similar mood and sound to many of the songs on that album. Amazing how music can transport you back in time. Listening to this song, I feel like I'm back in 1983 again.

Brave is a decidedly unFixxlike song, but it's growing on me.

A very solid album. Definitely worth the wait.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast